madrussian

Getting player's AI squad icons to show different text (ala currentCommand)

Hi all, you know how when you doMove a player's squad AI unit, that unit's indicator will show "MOVE" while he moves?  (And then if you poll via currentCommand, it returns "MOVE".)

And how, when you doStop a player's squad AI unit, that unit's indicator will show "STOP" while he's stopped?  (And then if you poll via currentCommand, it returns "STOP".)  And same for "HEAL", etc?

In this case, I need player subordinate indicator to show "ACTION".

I know one way to accomplish this (AI's icon to display "ACTION") is for player himself to order that AI to repair a vehicle (or similar).  But importantly, I need to have AI's icon display "ACTION" without that AI doing anything particular (like Repairing, etc), and importantly I need to do this 100% via script, as in without in-game player commands, etc.

Theoretically, we should be able to get player squad AI's icons to display any of the following:

• "WAIT"
  • "ATTACK"
  • "HIDE"
  • "MOVE"
  • "HEAL"
  • "REPAIR"
  • "REFUEL"
  • "REARM"
  • "SUPPORT"
  • "JOIN"
  • "GET IN"
  • "FIRE"
  • "GET OUT"
  • "STOP"
  • "EXPECT"
  • "ACTION"
  • "ATTACKFIRE"
  • "Suppress"

as described in currentCommand.  Via script commands or via commanding AI personally in-game.

Now I swear I saw some script command saying it would result in unit icon displaying "ACTION" indefinitely (until some other thing happened)... but now I can't seem to find it.

Anyone know how to get player squad's AI icon text to show "ACTION" (via script only)?

Btw - I ran experiments with the action command (lots of different combos), and didn't have any luck getting AI icon text to change... at all.  Which rather surprised me.