Wiket

Any way to make this work in dedicated?

I have a ton of doors on my map that I want to be locked unless someone has a specific item. A mod I am using adds several types of keys so that's the class name you see in the script. Is there any way for this to work on dedicated, and only allow people with the key to open the door? Or will this work already how it is? Ty all!  If its easier it could just work if people are in the trigger area, but I was hoping there was a better way.

https://gyazo.com/cc495d1624a7229995c6abd0a9ba6b10

First of all, you must specify the condition for opening a door: the player has a key (matching class) and must be near the door and must "target" the door.

I wrote a topic about that.

Does this look right?

"ar_things_key_chain" in items player && {cursorObject  == testdoor1};

I think I got it working, gotta do a dedicated test soon

5 hours ago, Wiket said:

Does this look right?

"ar_things_key_chain" in items player && {cursorObject  == testdoor1};

No... A door is not an object. The link above gives you how to find the door the player is watching: needs intersect and 'door' (most of  cases) in selection.

A lazy, less robust, solution would be to place a small (2x2x2m sized) trigger over the door, and split up your condition and action.

Condition:

"ar_things_key_chain" in items player;

onActivation:

building1 setVariable ["bis_disabled_Door_1",1,true];

Where you give your building variable name and pick a door. Remember to set the trigger to local.

9 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Needs scripted trigger

Yup; OP would have to manually place (copy+paste) the triggers. But that might be less work than figuring out the scripting. Not pretending this is the most elegant solution 😬..