@BIS, good day!

On January 6, in the Steam I read your appeal to the community.

We celebrated Arma 3’s 9th anniversary, and released several platform updates, Creator DLC updates, as well as a Charity Bundle – plus we welcomed nearly a million new recruits into the fold! Meanwhile, the community has been as active as ever - playing the game, sharing screenshots, making videos, forming units, and posting tens of thousands of new items to the Steam Workshop. So let’s take a moment to briefly recap Arma 3's many highlights of 2022. Head over to our website to read the full blog post: https://arma3.com/news/year-in-arma-3-2022

We have some very special plans throughout 2023 for Arma 3's 10th Anniversary - so stay tuned to our social media for upcoming announcements! Here's to a great new year!

This sound good, but I would like to ask to pay at least a tiny amount of attention to the AI of this game.

Unfortunately over the past few years AI Discussion and AI Driving topics seem to me ignored by any developers, every AI-topic on the Arma3 (development brunch) forum will be also ignored, ai-issues on the feedback tracker will also be ignored, it looks like total oblivion.

No one developer, not will give its answer, related to AI topic, here on development branch, while Arma3 AI still has a shameful flaws and bugs, which the community doesn't deserve after 10 years of supporting this game:

> the game supports a bunch of vehicles, but AI-drivers won't be able to avoid elementary obstacles on tnis path, the player will see vehicles trying to endlessly push the houses!

> ai-drivers will crush their allies soldiers! 

> ai-mechanized and motorized infantry groups have meaningless and rapidly replacing each other infinite command loops for their subordinates (Desembarking/Get In)!

> ai-infantry will constantly pass through walls, houses, fences, other objects! 

> ai-vehicles group, provided by the game (platoon, section, etc) vehicles cannot move together, some vehicles will forever lag behind and stop!

there are many other AI omissions, that unfortunately continue to be ignored

I don't even dream about of super AI in Arma3, but I think, that game, that still supported and was released about 10 years ago should not have shameful flaws related to a basic AI! 

This reduce its quality.

My ask to @BIS - If you want and you promise to support this game, then give at least 1-2 programmers, who will maintain/repair the AI in Arma3, at least as long it is will official supported.

It seems to me, that this could also spice up the work with new DLC. So, in 2023 please don't forget to pay your attention to AI!

Best wishes to Bohemia Interactive!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nerexis said:

I totally support this. It's a shame for a such game that the community has to fix such a big design flaw i. e. which is allowing AI units to pass through walls etc. by creating mods like my mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2904714255

Dude I know your mod!

Thank you so much for trying to fix such shameful bug, that a game shouldn't have after 10 years of its support.

I really hope @BIS will fix this problem on a much more professional level!

PS: Better late, than never!

AI should be the #1 priority for BI.  There are so many problems, that have been longstanding for such a long time (decades). 

The new one I'm trying to find any kind of fix for regards ai Machine Gunners.  They cannot control recoil when they are near the player, no matter what their skill is set to.  And then when they are farther away, their rate of fire is really slow and stuttered. 

Ok so I bring some problems to solve on AI side:

- disableAI "move" not work when is ordered getin or get out to AI drven heli unit 

- setdriveonpath not work for sea units (bigger ships are driven by AI like crazy is impossibile to exchange path calculation method in AI (for example to A*) , and similar like upward - vehicles trying avoid colision even with this command is used

- forcespeed working only for vehicles in range of view 50m from player then stuck (for example plane on taxi to start position with close to path objects observed by pilot)

- domove, moveto or agent's setDestination -  not possibile to make Ai to bring it everytime to specified position with precision lower than 3m  (on the open space), in the same time order to heal cause on medic exact move to target unit position why moders can't use those low level path calculations?).

- breaking from high speeds and fly across mountains by AI in helis is not smooth, also climbing speed not connected to inertia of helis for AI is unrealistic much.

- stacking on buildings and near objects, not react on commands or very delayed reactions - is not nice.

- no AI revive to players and AI revive at all missing (scripts are possibile but AI cant revive player eunogh - bug on setUnconscious command used on player - bleedout unstopable.

- too long bursts of AI units - config values on burst delays classes not work at all (pretorian CIWS for example).

for now it is eunogh

• Like 1

Group moves are rotten. For a Vanilla squad of 8, if one of a AI is stuck (by default a "deputy leader" or something like that in vanilla FSM, try with marksman a example), you can have some other AIs reaching the stuck unit and unable to move with the rest of the group. This feature is a non-sense.

On 3/29/2023 at 7:28 PM, flyingsaucerinvasion said:

AI should be the #1 priority for BI.  There are so many problems, that have been longstanding for such a long time (decades). 

Well i can tell you its definitely NOT their #1 priority but it does have some promising aspects emerging. At least in theory and reforger changelogs -but unfortunately its very hard to gauge and test as there still is no Player group AI.