Sign in to follow this  
PPSDRNKR

Speed

When playing Resistance I find your character always runs and walks at a lot faster pace than the rest of your team. Is there a way to slow you down? If not how do you report your position so your team can find you?

E (W+Shift) = the fastest

W = normal

W (when F pushed once) = walking and aiming your gun (push F again to go back to normal speed)

When they ask for your position, they sort of want you to slow down or something. They always know where you are, you can't report your position to them.

PPSDRNKR and I have the problem, even normal holding down W, you run faster then your comrades..Weird.

On a sidenote: has anyone noticed how players hold their weapons slightly differently (when on alert) than what AI do? They hold it on a slightly different angle (especially with pistols), and cock their heads differently. Human characters really seem to lean their head down to their weapons, more than the AI does.

its really annoying when your supposed to be a member of a squad but you run faster than the rest. I guess we are all in better physical shape than the AI is.

This isn't related to a specific mission thus I'll shunt it over to G smile.gif

If you strafe while running you slow down a bit.

Also the AI dont seem to stop and walk when climbing steep slopes as easily as you do. This makes them get infront

LETS PROTEST! EVERYONE SHOULD BE EQUAL! WE'RE SUPERHUMANS!!!!!!!!

YEAH! EVERYONE SHOULD BE EQUAL!!! HURAAH!

I dont really mind not being equal with the AIs. It encourages you to go on ahead on your own and scout and stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Feb. 26 2003,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LETS PROTEST! EVERYONE SHOULD BE EQUAL! WE'RE SUPERHUMANS!!!!!!!!

I dont really mind not being equal with the AIs. It encourages you to go on ahead on your own and scout and stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

But then you get the "Where are you" message over and over. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Feb. 26 2003,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It encourages you to go on ahead on your own and scout and stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

and get the first bullet?

No thanks tounge.gif

I use the time waiting for them to catch up to scout around the area, check the map, things like that smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ Feb. 26 2003,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Feb. 26 2003,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LETS PROTEST! EVERYONE SHOULD BE EQUAL! WE'RE SUPERHUMANS!!!!!!!!

I dont really mind not being equal with the AIs. It encourages you to go on ahead on your own and scout and stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

But then you get the "Where are you" message over and over.   crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes........ over and over......... it doesnt stop........ you cant sleep and you think about it when you eat and you dream about it...... the confused.... helpless words: "where are you?" like a child that wants its mother...............

those 3 words haunt me daily.

especially since theres no f*******g way to tell them to shut the f**k up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 17 2003,08:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When they ask for your position, they sort of want you to slow down or something. They always know where you are, you can't report your position to them.<span id='postcolor'>

They don't always know where you are.

The only time they care is if you are in command of them, and in that case you can easily get them to come to you and stop bitching about your location by selecting the AI(s) in question, and clicking on the ground in front of you to issue a "MOVE TO" order.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Feb. 26 2003,20:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ Feb. 26 2003,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Feb. 26 2003,19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LETS PROTEST! EVERYONE SHOULD BE EQUAL! WE'RE SUPERHUMANS!!!!!!!!

But then you get the "Where are you" message over and over.   crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes........ over and over......... it doesnt stop........ you cant sleep and you think about it when you eat and you dream about it...... the confused.... helpless words: "where are you?" like a child that wants its mother...............

those 3 words haunt me daily.

especially since theres no f*******g way to tell them to shut the f**k up.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, it could be worse. Remember the dreaded "2 is down" bug?

*ducks from the bullets* wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ Feb. 26 2003,21:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Remember the dreaded "2 is down" bug?<span id='postcolor'>

Please don't do that. I'm still recovering from that tounge.gif

I think I read a statement from BIS that said that the skill setting affected a lot of things, including the time it takes to turn and aim, even reload, etc. I don't know, but it seems that it's possible that the skill setting affects all animation speeds. I haven't tested it though, it's just a thought. But it makes sense that if the low AI reloads slower, that's a slower animation, so maybe the others are slower too. Furthermore, speed is controlled by the animation, right? So the only way to speed up / slow down a run would be to change the animation speed.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I believe the player animation is faster than the AI....

And while the player can only walk up a hill, the AI still joggs upwards confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Feb. 26 2003,20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 17 2003,08:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When they ask for your position, they sort of want you to slow down or something. They always know where you are, you can't report your position to them.<span id='postcolor'>

They don't always know where you are.

The only time they care is if you are in command of them, and in that case you can easily get them to come to you and stop bitching about your location by selecting the AI(s) in question, and clicking on the ground in front of you to issue a "MOVE TO" order.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, I don't know why, but I thought he meant when being in command..

MSMS_KDXer is right though, AI's speed is dependent on their skill level, while the player's speed isn't changeable. That's why you are, in most missions, running faster than your AI companions.

1: WHERE ARE YOU?

2: WHERE ARE YOU?

They don't know where they are... both of them smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Feb. 26 2003,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe the player animation is faster than the AI....

And while the player can only walk up a hill, the AI still joggs upwards confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just wondering, did you know you can move up a hill a lot faster if you run sideways? You can also use the sideways method to walk or run up a steep slope which you would otherwise need to crawl on your belly.

The thing I still find bizarre is that you can run faster with a rifle in your hands than if you carry nothing, or carry a pistol. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Feb. 26 2003,22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1: WHERE ARE YOU?

They don't know where they are... both of them smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

dont ask why, but that had me in stitches when i read that, just imaginging the typical stupidness of the AI, and somehow ive never encountered it confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Feb. 27 2003,00:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Feb. 26 2003,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe the player animation is faster than the AI....

And while the player can only walk up a hill, the AI still joggs upwards confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just wondering, did you know you can move up a hill a lot faster if you run sideways? You can also use the sideways method to walk or run up a steep slope which you would otherwise need to crawl on your belly.

The thing I still find bizarre is that you can run faster with a rifle in your hands than if you carry nothing, or carry a pistol.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes smile.gif

ha ha ha ha ha

i forgot about that, yes it is absolutely funny that you can run faster while carrying a rifle than you can when holding a handgun. hmmmm, must be the ammo.

I never had that problem, but thats cos shortly after starting to play MP I turned the radio effects off because of some people with their pitch seetings turned up to the max which really pis*ed me off, so I turned off radio, now I get no noise when the bug occurs, yippee for moi biggrin.gif