avibird 1

Can someone explain objects: electronics & Sensors

Data link send

Data link receive

Data link position

Will this only affect vehicles and not infantry units

I don't full understand the practical functionality. Is the distance unlimited when link. 

The Data link is a sort of intranet exclusive to each side, where target and position information can be shared.

Data link send -- Will send all acquired target data over data link

Data link receive -- Will receive all data sent over data link

Data link position -- Will send own position over data link

As far as I understand it, the data link is shared by vehicles and weapons systems that can make meaningful use of the data. So, infantry in some turrets or with certain launchers should be able to make use of it, likely receive only. But this is not a feature that ever comes up in scenarios I create/play.

Range is not unlimited.

Full info here: 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Sensors

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. I am using Vcom UPmons UPS and good old fashion editor guard waypoints to enhance AI combat efficiency. The AO is 1800x600 with multiple objectives and multiple side tasks that will make the mission easier. Finding the right balance between aggressiveness leaving a zone with knowledgeable information on enemy forces to allow vanilla or mod AI behavior to issue waypoints for attacking flanking and maneuvering once enemy has been spotted. Each of the AI vanilla/mods that I am using has it's only range of knowledge of enemy spotted positions. One of the many issues while using multiple combat behavior mods. Thanks hope you understand what I am saying.