lumnuon

IPv6 support for Arma Reforger Server

I perfectly realize that writing this is more than likely a complete waste of time but I will hold out hope. I have created a similar thread on DayZ Server forums.

Is there any reason whatsoever for BI seemingly hating IPv6? None of their games support it. For Arma 3 it makes some sense considering its age and lack of further development. For DayZ the age argument also holds true even if it would be nice to see some remaining developer resources being assigned to implement IPv6 support. Lastly for Reforger I can't think of a reason beyond simply noone at BI caring about it? Is it that hard to create game server compatibility with IPv6?

The lack of IPv6 support makes it effectively impossible to host a server for an increasing number of users. My own provider flat out refuses to give out IPv4 addresses for regular consumers since last year, even if asked and I am certainly not the only one as evidenced by Arma/Reforger/DayZ related requests for help on numerous tech and game forums.

• Like 2

I agree that the lack of IPv6 options for hosting your own server is totally unacceptable in 2023. There are many people in the world whom do not have native IPv4 (meaning no CG-NAT etc.) access any more while they do get native IPv6 from their ISPs.

I would like to see IPv6 support added as soon as possible.

• Like 1