Sign in to follow this  
Stormmy1950

Select Respawn Tameplate

Hi guys. So i was wondering is it possible to Select between 1 or multiple respawn templates. I want for players when they are in lobby to select if they want Perma death or not. if Yes When player dies  he goes to Spectator mode until all players are dead and then end Scenario. But if not If they select normal respawn i want them to have the MenuPosition respawn template. So i have this so far.
In Description.ext:

saving = 0;
disabledAI = 0;
respawn 				= "BASE";
respawnTemplates[] = { "MenuPosition", "Spectator" };
respawnOnStart = -1;

class Params
{
	class PermaDeath
	{
		title = "Do you want to enable PermaDeath ? [0 - FALSE, 1 - TRUE]";
		values[] = {0,1};
		default = 0;
		file = "CustomRespawn.sqf";
	};
};

And CustomRespawn.sqf:

PermaDeathEnabled = ["PermaDeath",1] call BIS_fnc_getParamValue;

if(PermaDeathEnabled == 1) then {
hint "True";
//now how to change respawn tamplate depending on what players choose in lobby screen ?
}else {
hint "False";
};

AFAIK, access to mission parameters (class params) is limited to logged admin/host, and those params are global.

20 minutes ago, Harzach said:

AFAIK, access to mission parameters (class params) is limited to logged admin/host, and those params are global. 

I am confusion? i am aware that logged admin or host can change mission parameters and that is what i want basicly i want for who ever is logged in admin or a host to be able to choose to play mission eather on Perma Death or just normal Menu position spawning. I manage to make custom Mission parameters that will be eather true or false depending on what admin or host chooses. But the Problem that i have is how to switch between 2 diffrent respawn templates.

OK, you mentioned

I want for players when they are in lobby to select if they want Perma death or not

which sounds like you want each player to choose.

Since that's not an issue, take a look at the Respawn Biki, particularly this section:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Respawn#Conflicts   *nvm, not relevant*