Cold War Rearmed III - Resistance

Hi, new version has been published Beta 2.1

Fixed: m13 reckoning ending conditions
Fixed: tasks flow in mission 03b and 04
Fixed: addTask function
Changed: tasks in m05 and m06
Changed: tasks in m08, task1a is not subtask as it prevents location search
Added: radial blur during bullet time
Added: ux for bullet time, background height of soldier stance changes height during bullet time consumption and replenishment
Added: new task to m05 which helps understading the state of the base cleanup

I have forgot to inform about earlier hotfix Beta 2.0 # 1 from 30.1.2023

Fixed: bug in finish, cancel and fail task functions
Fixed: minor issue in m17

The campaign was not thoroughly tested, but should work as expected as there were no changes to the core systems. Please report any bugs you encounter.
The bullet time is now more user friendly. I have added a radial blur effect and soldier stand background changes height as you deplete your time in this mode.
Feel free to test this mode in any single player mission, it is quite fun 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hi, new version has been published

Beta 2.2 (0.2.2.0)

Fixed: instant promotions initialization, only when available
Fixed: timetable bug in m01
Fixed: changed heli type in m03b from fia to soviet, nobody noticed 😄
Fixed: Jay behaviour and soviets detection triggers in m14
Fixed: m17 trigger, m16 tasks
Changed: tasks flow in m03a
Changed: language set is now for all FIA, not just the player group
Changed: guarding units waypoints in m14 as they cannot enter the bridge, path finding on neo seems to be bugged.
Updated: tasks in missions 07, 09, 10ab, 11, 12, 13 and 14
Added: CWR3Tasks_fnc_setTaskDestination to the function library
Added: 2 guarding units on bridge in m14

Now it is time to play it through again and make + publish some videos.

Btw. the bullet time is quite addicting, I don't know if I can play it the old way anymore 😉

If you find any critical bugs, please, let me know, so I can prepare a hotfix asap.

• Like 1

Hi, today I have discovered a High Command.
It will be implemented in mission 7 First Strike along with new Improved Missions setting in next version.

First tests looks very promising as the two extra tank squads tends to beet enemy much better.

If this setting is not used, the mission will try to stick as much as possible to the original - tank squads will follow your 2nd and 3rd unit.

With the new Improved Setting enabled, you will also be able to wander around the map after you destroy enough tanks. You will be able to end mission anytime afterwards.

• Like 1

I tried first the another Reistance compaing which has part 1 original and additional part 2, but it was impossible to play because tanks didn't get distoyed because AT had no effect. Lets see how this goes 🙂

24 minutes ago, yannara said:

I tried first the another Reistance compaing which has part 1 original and additional part 2, but it was impossible to play because tanks didn't get distoyed because AT had no effect. Lets see how this goes 🙂

RPG75 has been boosted for this in this campaign, but it has screwed sights so try without them first. If using RPG7, try to get behind or aim for tracks. The crew will abandon the tank if it is fairly damaged.

I was thinking about creating a CSLA RPG75 compatibility addon for owners to deal with cwr3 sights issue, let see if It is possible.

• Like 1

Yes, this campaign is much better, I can complete missions and destroy tanks 🙂

Thank you!

Hi, new version has been published.

Beta 3.0 (0.3.0.0)

Added: new setting Improved Missions, it should allow us to change mission logic by your preference - stay with classic game play as close as possible to the original or try our enhancements
Added: alternative end for improved missions option in m07 first strike, you are able to wander around now and use action to end mission
Added: 2 drivers to the castle ruins in m05 scrap if improved mission setting is in effect
Added: high command support in m07 first strike
Added: player gear save in mission 18 to allow the next cutscane to use it.
Added: possibility to save Peter from Dolina (Peter Anton) in m02 crossroads if improved missions options is selected
Added: if Peter is saved in m02, he will rejoin in m06 field excercise
Added: T80 placeholders for mod compatibility patches, we have experimental T80 from RHS compatibility mod prepared

Fixed: open Viki inventory action
Fixed: marker colors, positions and directions in missions.
Fixed: reducing damage during vehicles load to prevent accidental explosions
Fixed: uaz drivers not getting in and driving away in m09 information
Fixed: instant promotions, squad units cannot gain colonel rank

Changed: initial player state in m02 crossroads, player starts without map, compass and radio
Changed: settings behaviour, now they should work better, selecting custom before making the particular changes is advised
Changed: the squad rejoin behaviour in m05 scrap
Changed: civilians language, they should use the same as yours
Changed: lowered weapon on back action priority
Changed: reinforcement squad unit names in m05 scrap, tribute to czech movies/actors of the time
Changed: m03b count of units will join on improved missions setting
Changed: m05 end for easy mode and not improved missions option, vehicles should be fully refuelled, repaired and rearmed
Changed: start location in m17 for improved missions option, UAZ and crates location, they are hidden in nearby bushes, marker is on the map
Changed: m05 scrap, triggers should be better now
Changed: RPGs, boosted even more - RPG75, RPG7, RPG18, AT-4, M72LAW

Removed: maps, compass and radio from civilians
Removed: some trees near castle ruins in Trosky

Tested: RPG75 replacement mod for CSLA DLC owners 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2949100460

Tested: T80 replacement for T72B1, but not recommend
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2949105329

• Like 2

I don't know what happnd, but my compaing progress just died on me. I can't revert or resume last mission I played. I saw OFP main mod was about to be upgraded, not sure was this releated to this. 

Hi @yannara, try to backup your campaign saves and then try to revert one more mission.
Is there an error displayed ? There is a Show Script Errors option in parameters section in the launcher. It enables all script errors to be displayed on the screen. The error should also be in the rpt log file.

By OFP main mod you mean the CWR3 Resistance mod or anything else ?

I have finished whole campaign one more time before releasing beta 3, but with such a big update, there could be some incompatibilities with previous saves. In such cases a debug console can be handy, but first I have to know what went wrong.

To backup your progress you can check directories mentioned in this thread https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/2/312265327167678342.

Feel free to send me a PM.

I learned to track down, when what has updated, and it was only this Resistance which was updated 19.3.2023. Revering or resuming will crash entire Arma3 right now. I did delete and unscriibed from Resistance compaing, and then re-downloaded it. I then created new MOD list (I have 11 mods, 9 required + additional mission packs). I then reset the compaing and started from beginning, using the SKIP code/cheat. I managed to skip several missions (I played before last week already), but this mission I am stuck to, again failed Arma. The mission is when you free hostages and then go up to the hills to attack the base. I can provide better details later. I now try to reboot again and revert the mission again.

THe mission is "Hostages", it comes after the mission where you defend the town from tanks with thanks. I seems that no way I can revert or resume the mission, I just can't access it and my PC hangs. I did play it before, but I didn't pass it. So it worked before but not anymore.

I have found out the cwr3_rhs_to_cwr3_compat_vehicles mod is mentioned in the mission.sqm. I will have to publish a hotfix for this mission. Please standby.
You can also enable this mod, finish the mission and then remove the mod. The next mission will have to be reverted.

The mod can be subscribed at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2949105329.

Hotfix has been released. Sorry for the inconvinience and thank you for the report.

• Like 1

No still doesn't work. I added the resistance compaing compatibility fix but the hostage mission still wont load and the game gets stucked.

Good lord, CSLA leaked there too. Wait a while, I will release next hotfix. I have to run the editor without those optional mods enabled.

I have release the hotfix, please close the game and steam, reopen the steam and wait for the update to be downloaded.

I have to ensure, that no optional dlcs and addons are active during mission edit next time.

• Like 1

Is it by design that now RHSAFRF is also included in mod listing when hotfix is selected?

The Resistance Campaign is fixed. You should not need the rhs or csla compat mods anymore.

The optional mod you are mentioning adds rhs compatibility for T-80. It replaces the T-72B1 in the campaign. The original campaign had T-80.

The mods dependency is intended. It would not work without the rhs otherwise.

The main problem should be fixed now, as there is no csla or rhs in the mission.sqf anymore. Just run the game as before without the optional mods.

I will take precausions next time when I edit or test something. The game should not be spawned with optional stuff as the editor can include it as required and it brakes the game for others. My bad. My apologies.

• Like 1

yeah it works now! Thanks 🙂

And no problem, I am not paying you do this 😄

Hi, yesterday I have released 3rd hotfix for Beta 3.0

Added: small 0.3s sleep before bullet time start
Fixed: take command action title in m07 first strike
Changed: T80(T72b1) vehicle damage set to 0 for easy mode in m05 scrap
Changed: making sure all vehicles are rearmed at the beginning of the mission m06 field excercise for easy mode
Changed: m14 fireworks trigger for easy mode, enemy is alerted only when player or tanks are near bridge

The previous hotfixes contained just the m08 fix

• Like 1

Hi all,  Loving this MOD.  Many thanks to all involved!

When playing OFP back in the day, if I was carrying a toolkit, I'd be able to repair a damaged vehicle.

But doesn't seem to be the case in CWRIII.  Is there a trick to this?  

Thanks

On 7/11/2023 at 2:14 PM, seminara said:

Hi all,  Loving this MOD.  Many thanks to all involved!

When playing OFP back in the day, if I was carrying a toolkit, I'd be able to repair a damaged vehicle.

But doesn't seem to be the case in CWRIII.  Is there a trick to this?  

Thanks

You need an engineer trait and a toolbox in your inventory to have the repair action in vehicle action menu. As the description in first post says:

Victor can be an engineer. This skill is very OP, so it is enabled only on veteran skill and after you finish the campaign. It allows the repair of critically damaged vehicles. Cars, tanks, choppers. You have to bring a toolbox.

So if you don't want to finish the campaign and/or play on veteran to have access to this, get Simple Single Player Cheat Menu or anything giving access to the debug console and assign yourself the engineer trait that way.

7 hours ago, honger said:

You need an engineer trait and a toolbox in your inventory to have the repair action in vehicle action menu. As the description in first post says:

Victor can be an engineer. This skill is very OP, so it is enabled only on veteran skill and after you finish the campaign. It allows the repair of critically damaged vehicles. Cars, tanks, choppers. You have to bring a toolbox.

So if you don't want to finish the campaign and/or play on veteran to have access to this, get Simple Single Player Cheat Menu or anything giving access to the debug console and assign yourself the engineer trait that way.

Hi Honger, many thanks for your feedback and apologies for having missed that bit of information.  I've finished the campaigned now, so if I replay it - you're saying that ability will now be available?

Hi, you can also use it in easy mode. Some people were struggling with some mechanics, so I have decided to make it easier for them. FYI, there is also instant promotion feature on easy mode.

I should probably update the info on the first page to not confuse new players.

It should be now more precise:
* Victor is engineer - It allows vehicles repair. This skill is very OP. It can be enabled in easy mode or by playing veteran skill after you have finished the campaign. It allows the repair of critically damaged vehicles. Cars, tanks, choppers. You have to bring a toolbox.