Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

need help combine theses two scripts together?

HELLO I am having a senior moment I can't combine theses two scripts together SMH.

0 = [this,"DELAY=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=",myExitTrigger4,  "INIT=", "[_proxyThis,'1','SAFE','COLUMN','LIMITED','ONROAD'] execVM'scripts\UPSMON.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

0 =[this,"Delay=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=",myExitTrigger4, "INIT=",  "{_x disableAI 'Path'} forEach (units _ProxyThis) ; (group _ProxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 =[this,"Delay=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=",myExitTrigger4, "INIT=", "[_proxyThis,'1','SAFE','COLUMN','LIMITED','ONROAD'] execVM'scripts\UPSMON.sqf'"] ; (group _ProxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

what am I doing wrong on this. Thanks Avibird

One:

0 = [
  this,"DELAY=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=",myExitTrigger4,"INIT=","
  	[_proxyThis,'1','SAFE','COLUMN','LIMITED','ONROAD'] execVM 'scripts\UPSMON.sqf';
  "
]spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

Two:

0 =[
  this,"Delay=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=",myExitTrigger4,"INIT=","
  	{_x disableAI 'Path'}forEach (units _ProxyThis);
  	(group _ProxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true];
  "
]spawn jebus_fnc_main;

Combined (partially):

0 = [
  this,"DELAY=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=",myExitTrigger4,"INIT=","
  	[_proxyThis,'1','SAFE','COLUMN','LIMITED','ONROAD'] execVM 'scripts\UPSMON.sqf';
	(group _ProxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true];
  "
]spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

Don't use bold for scripts as it makes it harder to read certain characters and use the code (<>) from the tools to post inside a code window. Format it to C Languages.

Apparently you had errors on the initial lines (one or both, don't remember already).

Edited by RCA3
  • Like 2

@RCA3 your code line has an error  in red at the end of the code.  I will try to switch up the order of the two "INIT=", INPUTS  UPMONS code then the 'Vcm_Disable' code

this is your error   ;"; ] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

@harzach are you saying that I have invisible key characters within th code lines ?

2 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

this is your error   ;"; ] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

I see. It doesn't belong there indeed. Fixed above.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

are you saying

I'm saying that we discussed all of this before.

Yes but when I use the code box. I see no extra characters like you posted above.

12 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Yes but when I use the code box. I see no extra characters like you posted above.

I posted a link to a thread we had about combining Jebus calls. In it, I answered that question, along with some troubleshooting we did on the way, including using code blocks when posting code, and using them to find corrupt characters in code.

Now, do you have a question?

@harzach                        

0 = [this,"DELAY=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=",myExitTrigger4,  "INIT=", "[_proxyThis,'1','SAFE','COLUMN','LIMITED','ONROAD'] execVM'scripts\UPSMON.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;  

0 =[this,"Delay=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=",myExitTrigger4, "INIT=",  "{_x disableAI 'Path'} forEach (units _ProxyThis) ; (group _ProxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

0 =[this,"Delay=",300,"PAUSE=",50,"EXIT=",myExitTrigger4, "INIT=", "[_proxyThis,'1','SAFE','COLUMN','LIMITED','ONROAD'] execVM'scripts\UPSMON.sqf'"] ; (group _ProxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

I don't see any key characters within the code lines using  the above box. can you explain and show me what I am looking for. In your example above I see the two red dots in the code is that what you are talking about. Avibird

16 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

is that what you are talking about.

I'm not talking about anything.

Have you tried @RCA3's code? Does it work? I don't understand why you are going on about corrupt characters.

yes I got the code to run correctly but trying to understand what you are talking about "corrupt characters in code" I don't see any when I am looking but you saisd I had some in code lines I posted.

5 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

but you saisd

I posted a link to a topic from a year ago. I have not commented on your code in this topic.