racercowan

How can one make ACE compatibility for another mod?

Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum for this kind of question.

Ace is pretty cool, but only a couple mods have ACE compatibility. Normally we can just suffer with things not matching ACE's re-named versions, but I noticed that places where ACE replaces a vanilla feature (specifically we noticed a retextured Titan could not lock on) is still disabled but is not replaced with the ACE equivalent. Is there a way to make ACE treat items added by a mod the same as it treats vanilla items, and is there a way to distribute this as either a mod or as part of a mission script so that other users won't have to mess with files?

To make a clear list of what I'm looking for, can I (through making a mod or a script);

• Add ACE features (lock-on is the one I noticed not working) to the relevant modded weapons
  • Can the mod's weapons be re-named to match the changes ACE makes to weapon names (or instead disable ACE's renames)
  • If the weapon aren't compatible then maybe vehicles aren't either? I think they're just the vanilla vehicles with a different camo applied, is there a way to make sure they're OK?

"Only a couple" ? Straight up false.

You do use config inheritance, right ?