Andrew Gallway

Shelter idea

Just a thought to get use out of the survivors you send food to. Maybe you could send them on resource missions using your own fuel stockpile to scavenge for different materials on the encounter maps. Each map could be rich in its own materials. For example, you could send them to batterie draug for electronics and fuel because of all the military equipment left behind and the old bunkers. You could get materials from these places as well and even have a chance of getting a few weapons and equipment. There could be some strategy to it as well. Maybe some areas are high risk due to radiation or it could be a hostile area. You could send them in with weapons from your stash and equipment to better their odds.

If anyone wants to add on to this idea, feel free.

Similar system to no mans skys freighter missions where you send ships on missions. Unfortunately I don’t much value for this feature given many players would likely be max shelter. Perhaps however we could spend resources as you say for a chance at airdrops? Nice passive way to earn a few crates, weapon parts, cosmetics maybe? Again low likelihood it could work out but just a thought. Resources are low priority for Most. Perhaps we can get exclusive cosmetics that were effectively free to play taking a chance on winning? 

• Like 1

I'm just trying to throw ideas out that people will add onto and give feedback. I would like to see more features added to the shelter aspect of the game, something that gives it more purpose.

Oh for sure! Not many people do put forward constructive comments these days, you need only look to the vigor Facebook page to see the toxicity there! It’s not a bad idea don’t get me wrong but we have to think from a small development team standpoint. Value for update as I would call it, for instance the changes to eliminations. Adding actual loadouts was worthwhile as it has more reply value and yes I suppose from it their perspective can be monitised for loadout tickets and score boost (unpopular ass that may be, I’m not a fan anyway).

your on the right track with modes and maps etc as this adds more value to the mix that will last a while. Now I do know we’re getting a new addition to the shelter at an undisclosed time I suspect this will be a platform that replaces legacy seasons more than anything else for plans etc but we shall see.