JohnKalo

Wiki Composition setup not working :-/

Hey guys trying to implement a composition into the Christmas Pack addon but all efforts failed. Unless the objects have no pitch or roll [angles in Y,Z axis] I cannot make the Composition be added. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Custom_Composition

My config code:

class CfgPatches
{
	class GE_ChristmasPack_Compositions
	{
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;

};
};

class CfgEditorCategories
{
	class GE_Christmas_Compositions // CfgGroups NATO
	{
		displayName = "Christmas Compositions";
	};
};

class CfgEditorSubcategories
{
	class GE_Christmas_SnowCastles // CfgGroups Armored
	{
		displayName = "Snow Castles";
	};
};

class Cfg3DEN
{
	class Compositions
	{
		class GE_Christmas_Composition_Castle_01 // one class per composition
		{
			scope=2;
			path = "\Christmas_Compositions\Snow_Castle";	// pbo path to a folder containing header.sqe/composition.sqe files
			side = 8;											// 0 opfor, 1 blufor, 2 indfor, 3 civ, 8 Empty/Props
			editorCategory = "GE_Christmas_Compositions";						// link to CfgEditorCategories
			editorSubcategory = "GE_Christmas_SnowCastles";				// link to CfgEditorSubcategories
			displayName = "Snow Castle Part 01";
			icon = "\A3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\b_inf.paa";	// left side icon in groups list
			useSideColorOnIcon = 0;								// 1 == icon is always colored in faction color
		};
	};
};

The Snow_Castle folder is the one having the two copy pasted .sqe needed. The thing is no error or anything. Just no composition present in the editor. What am I doing so wrong ?

perhaps a path issue:

path = "\Christmas_Compositions\Snow_Castle";

try : path = "Christmas_Compositions\Snow_Castle";  // without first backslash

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pierremgi said:

perhaps a path issue:

path = "\Christmas_Compositions\Snow_Castle";

try : path = "Christmas_Compositions\Snow_Castle";  // without first backslash

Thanks for the reply, tried that but nothing happened. It is strange because I changed the path to one that does not exist, I placed Snow_Castlebut it did not report an error. The .pbo is there the config is there but nothing happens. BUT if I change this:

class CfgPatches
{
	{
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
                requiredAddons[] = {};

};
};

it reports an error about the requiredAddon line. No other .pbo reports it. So I just erased it and the error stopped. I have it as in the first post.

My thought is that if you want to create a composition for objects in an addon, you'll need that addon loaded 😐

It always helps to wait for Arma to initialize so add "A3_Data_F_AoW_Loadorder", and after that add your addon name.

Add the types of objects you have on your composition to units[], e.g below:

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F_AoW_Loadorder"}; // Required addons, used for setting load order.
units[] = {"Motorcycle","Car_F","Wheeled_APC_F","Tank_F","Wall_F"}; // List of objects (CfgVehicles classes) contained in the addon. Important also for Zeus content unlocking.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, RCA3 said:

My thought is that if you want to create a composition for objects in an addon, you'll need that addon loaded 😐

It always helps to wait for Arma to initialize so add "A3_Data_F_AoW_Loadorder", and after that add your addon name.

Add the types of objects you have on your composition to units[], e.g below:

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F_AoW_Loadorder"}; // Required addons, used for setting load order.
units[] = {"Motorcycle","Car_F","Wheeled_APC_F","Tank_F","Wall_F"}; // List of objects (CfgVehicles classes) contained in the addon. Important also for Zeus content unlocking.

Thanks for sharing, I will add and check 👍

Did not work. Added both sections no error no compositions. Has anybody managed to make what the wiki says work is also a question. Maybe it needs a change.

1 hour ago, JohnKalo said:

Added both sections

And your own mod (cfgPatches) name?

class CfgPatches
{
	{

weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[]	= {"Walls_static"};
		units[] = {"Christmas_Small_Box_Static", "Christmas_Small_Box_Short_Static", "Christmas_Medium_Box_Short_Static"};

};
};

Copied the addon name from the header.sqe file from the Documents/Composition folder

The requiredAddons[] needs the name of the addon/pbo that has your objects, in your case would be whichever pbo it has "Christmas_Small_Box_Static", "Christmas_Small_Box_Short_Static", "Christmas_Medium_Box_Short_Static". I honestly can't tell which but looking at your Christmas Pack addons folder it is one of the Christmas_nnn.pbo files. You'll know better than me.

Below I have an example where I built a composition with 3 snowman, and 1 Christmas tree. I needed the Christmas_Trees.pbo and Christmas_Snowmans.pbo to be loaded, so I added those two.

The .sqe files are inside Christmas_Compositions\Christmas_Comp1 of my Kalo_Comps addon.

S0Sa4Um.jpg

class CfgPatches
{
	{
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F_AoW_Loadorder","Christmas_Trees","Christmas_Snowmans"}; // Required addons, used for setting load order.
		units[] = {"Christmas_Clothed_Snowman_Hat","Christmas_Whole_Tree","Christmas_Happy_Snowman","Christmas_Happy_Snowman_Bucket"}; // List of objects (CfgVehicles classes) contained in the addon. Important also for Zeus content unlocking.
	};
};

class CfgEditorCategories
{
	class GE_Christmas_Compositions // CfgGroups NATO
	{
		displayName = "Christmas Compositions";
	};
};

class CfgEditorSubcategories
{
	class GE_Christmas_SnowCastles // CfgGroups Armored
	{
		displayName = "Snow Castles";
	};
};

class Cfg3DEN
{
	class Compositions
	{
		class GE_Christmas_Composition_Castle_01 // one class per composition
		{
			scope=2;
			path = "Christmas_Compositions\Christmas_Comp1";	// pbo path to a folder containing header.sqe/composition.sqe files
			side = 8;						// 0 opfor, 1 blufor, 2 indfor, 3 civ, 8 Empty/Props
			editorCategory = "GE_Christmas_Compositions";		// link to CfgEditorCategories
			editorSubcategory = "GE_Christmas_SnowCastles";		// link to CfgEditorSubcategories
			displayName = "Snow Castle Part 01";
			icon = "\A3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\b_inf.paa";	// left side icon in groups list
			useSideColorOnIcon = 0;					// 1 == icon is always colored in faction color
		};
	};
};

PS. The sleigh with a driving wheel is hilarious! 🤣

Merry Christmas! 🎄

• Thanks 1

@RCA3 Thank you very much for the detailed reply! Once able I will use your advise. Glad you enjoyed! Merry Christmas! 

@RCA3

THANK YOU VERY MUCH  ☃️

I had to try it and it worked. It finally worked! I will use the method for the existing and all the new one.... oups :f: once the update is ready!

Merry-Christmas.png

• Haha 1