interectic

In game conversation question

Hey y'all,

So I am starting a campaign and I just want some feed back regarding in game conversations/text. I normally use the directSay and sideRadio method with the cfgRadio and I know I have to remoteexec it so it works for multiplayer. I currently am not doing voice acting for it but I do in the future. I am torn between using the method I state before or using the BIS_fnc_showSubtitle function that populates the text in the lower central part of the screen. I also don't know if i have to do something special to make that work in multiplayer or not. 

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

12 hours ago, interectic said:

I currently am not doing voice acting for it but I do in the future.

You might as well use the conversation system, then it's ready to add voice lines when you do them.

Conversations

9 hours ago, Larrow said:

You might as well use the conversation system, then it's ready to add voice lines when you do them.

Conversations

is this a better system that using cfgRadio and then usiing sideRadio or directSay?

@Larrow

Hey Larrow, long time fan first time poster lol I came across this post while scouring for help with this subject, would you mind taking a glance? Many thanks!

@interectic 

I have also started a little project for the SP crowd, and information delivery to the player is a vital design component in SP. So if you take a look at my post that's hopefully going to be something really cool and easy to use once a script doctor helps me. And some text-to-speech software for voice acting. But personally I think the Apex subtitles (BIS_fnc_EXP_camp_playSubtitles) are the best if your going to be using them, as well as the hold actions. They also give you more editing options