avibird 1

Is there a code that will prevent a sentry waypoint from being issued for a particular unit?

Is there any code that I can put into a mission that would prevent the sentry waypoint to be used on a particular vehicle! 

This is my issues. I like to use GAIA for random zone waypoints. I am currently using standalone script vision of it. Works great for infantry and lightly armored cars but when using it with APC and tanks it will mostly use the move waypoints with a sentry at the end of the waypoint chain. The issues the wait time for the sentry waypoint is very long like 30 minutes or if enemy units are located in the area then a new set of waypoints get issued through Gaia and Vcom. The issues is want the APC and tanks in the mission to move around the zones like the cars and infantry do.

I looked in every folder and files to try to locate how the sentry waypoint are being issued to remove it but cannot find it.  I was just wondering if there's some type of code to place down to prevent century waypoints for being used on a particular unit. Or does anyone know how to remove the sentry waypoint from getting generated and issued with GAIA unfortunately the original creators of mcc4 and standalone or no longer active in the community.

I was just curious if there's any type of code you can place in a game logic that will prevent a particular waypoint type to be able to be issued to units while using a patrol script that randomly generates waypoints. I can't find how the waypoints get generated within the particular script but was just wondering if there's any code you can place in a trigger game logic mission in it that will prevent a particular waypoint type from being assigned during a mission. Just curious if such a code exists.

Try this very simple script (put in init.sqf or activate by trigger) :

[] spawn 
	{
		_groups = allGroups select {side _x in [WEST,EAST,RESISTANCE,CIVILIAN]}; /// Select sides 

while {true} do 
			{
				sleep 1;

{
						_group = _x;

_waypoints = waypoints _group;

{
								_waypoint = _x;

if (waypointType _waypoint isEqualTo "SENTRY") then 
									{
										_waypoint setWaypointType "MOVE";
									}; 
							} forEach _waypoints;

} forEach _groups;
			};
	};

Thank you I will give it a go. GAIA script issues century waypoints to every APC units and the sentry waypoint will say for over 80 minutes. There is a section of a code that you can adjust it but it's just messes up other things. Hope this would work so I can still use GAIA in some instances when design a. Mission. I will let you know how it works out. Avibird