Matthew Aiken

Tutorial rework and general update feedback

So first off let me thank the devs for a much sought after addition to the vinyls collection, it’s a start and I do appreciate it especially given the issues getting around licensing etc so we’ll done! Haven’t found them all yet but I will 😉 

next up the tutorial: so I replayed this when I saw it had been updated and here are my thoughts: so first off the Audio is actually broken no voice lines can be heard at all perhaps an easier fix? From the subtitles there seems to be an actual conversation taking place so I’m interested to hear that next time. 
as for playing through it gameplay wise it fairs better teaching players about the game the A.I addition does aid in populating the level and making it feel more alive however script heavy it may be. That said work needs to be done to fix the janky move animations particularly after you open the boards inside the house their seen entering through one guy literally snapped 90 degrees to face me. 
I am curious though if this is a script heavy test project exclusive to the tutorial or perhaps a prelude to A.I inclusion in the future?

it feels like the A.I from arma reforger, possibly the same engine?  I think there’s maybe promise for ai inclusion in encounters in set piece areas, I don’t think it would be possible to have them roaming around but perhaps at points of interest? 
anyways apart from lack of sound I think more could have been done to illustrate the mechanics of the game. The airdrop in the tutorial could benefit from an A.I soldier hiding in a bush with a pistol maybe to illustrate people camping for the airdrop to reinforce the point of caution, perhaps even a locked container or timed safe? Signal tower to show the player the ai at the airdrop? Things like this would be nice additions, but yes much improvement has been made but more to be done I think. 

• Like 1

Here's some feedback.

How after nearly 5 years of development do you still have stupid bugs where you can't access your inventory, can't select a weapon and no matter what you interact with during the game nothing corrects it. 

🤦 Amateur hour over here at Bohemia...

21 hours ago, Matthew Aiken said:

So first off let me thank the devs for a much sought after addition to the vinyls collection, it’s a start and I do appreciate it especially given the issues getting around licensing etc so we’ll done! Haven’t found them all yet but I will 😉 

next up the tutorial: so I replayed this when I saw it had been updated and here are my thoughts: so first off the Audio is actually broken no voice lines can be heard at all perhaps an easier fix? From the subtitles there seems to be an actual conversation taking place so I’m interested to hear that next time. 
as for playing through it gameplay wise it fairs better teaching players about the game the A.I addition does aid in populating the level and making it feel more alive however script heavy it may be. That said work needs to be done to fix the janky move animations particularly after you open the boards inside the house their seen entering through one guy literally snapped 90 degrees to face me. 
I am curious though if this is a script heavy test project exclusive to the tutorial or perhaps a prelude to A.I inclusion in the future?

it feels like the A.I from arma reforger, possibly the same engine?  I think there’s maybe promise for ai inclusion in encounters in set piece areas, I don’t think it would be possible to have them roaming around but perhaps at points of interest? 
anyways apart from lack of sound I think more could have been done to illustrate the mechanics of the game. The airdrop in the tutorial could benefit from an A.I soldier hiding in a bush with a pistol maybe to illustrate people camping for the airdrop to reinforce the point of caution, perhaps even a locked container or timed safe? Signal tower to show the player the ai at the airdrop? Things like this would be nice additions, but yes much improvement has been made but more to be done I think. 

Hey, thank you for the wonderful feedback, we truly appreciate it. We're not currently planning to implement AI into gameplay itself as the tutorial is easier to work with since it's a controlled environment. But possibly in the future, some addition to POIs could be interesting. Sound-wise, could you please let us know which archetype have you chosen (as it may correlate to the issue) and which console you're on? In addition, any video that you could send our way on our socials showing this issue would help us with investigation 🙂🍅

7 hours ago, eKLaB said:

Here's some feedback.

How after nearly 5 years of development do you still have stupid bugs where you can't access your inventory, can't select a weapon and no matter what you interact with during the game nothing corrects it. 

🤦 Amateur hour over here at Bohemia...

Hi, if you could provide us with a clip showing this issue and send it to our socials, we would appreciate it as we could investigate the cause 🙂🍅

2 hours ago, Jasmine104 said:

Sound-wise, could you please let us know which archetype have you chosen (as it may correlate to the issue) and which console you're on? In addition, any video that you could send our way on our socials showing this issue would help us with investigation 🙂🍅

Hello, yes I was playing with the female archetype on the Xbox series x system. I’ll see if I can attach a video onto the official vigor Facebook page and if I can a link here in an edited post at a later time if needs be. But yes I figured that may have been the case RE. The controlled environment that is the tutorial. But that’s fine I’ll replay the tutorial later and record from character selection 🙂

1 minute ago, Matthew Aiken said:

Hello, yes I was playing with the female archetype on the Xbox series x system. I’ll see if I can attach a video onto the official vigor Facebook page and if I can a link here in an edited post at a later time if needs be. But yes I figured that may have been the case RE. The controlled environment that is the tutorial. But that’s fine I’ll replay the tutorial later and record from character selection 🙂

Thank you very much, we appreciate the response! 🙏🍅

4 hours ago, Udav_spb said:

It would be nice to add AI bots to the shooting range in the shelter.

That could be an interesting idea 🙂🍅