avibird 1

What patrol scripts or mod are you guys using for random patrols in your missions

There has been so many awesome patrol scripts over the years with Arma 3 but as with ARMA3 updates scripts and mods get broken and a lot of the original designers stopped playing arm3 and unfortunately their projects have been left without being updated and now has major bugs and not working properly.  I prefer using multiple different patrol scripts/mod in a mission. I feel it gives it more flexibility and unpredictable outcomes then using just one in a missions as long as there's no conflict between the different ones. 

My favorite ones to use are.

GAIA - the main mod MCC4 is very buggy now poor performance with lots of lag. The standalone script vision better overall performance but major issues with vanilla waypoints disappearing getting deleted. Air units not working properly. Long delay for new armor units to get new waypoints. Infantry units work great.

Upmons infantry and air units work but armor units not so much.

What patrol scripts/mod are most of you guys using now that currently work and being updated.

My MGI advanced modules :

- advanced patrols module for spawning a patrol of what you want (units/vehicles/helos... mixed)

- spawn groups attack module, for spawning, on condition + interval, one or more groups (custom or existing in cfgGroups), attacking, defending or executing code.

See documentation link.

• Like 1

Hey I do have your mods downloaded but never really fooled around with your advanced patrol module. In use JEBUS to spawn in units and add  a few different patrol scripts to JEBUS.  JEBUS he as a nice function to disable the group spawning if a trigger is reached like killing a unit blowing up an item or just reaching an area. I will check your patrol module our brother thanks. 

10 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Hey I do have your mods downloaded but never really fooled around with your advanced patrol module. In use JEBUS to spawn in units and add  a few different patrol scripts to JEBUS.  JEBUS he as a nice function to disable the group spawning if a trigger is reached like killing a unit blowing up an item or just reaching an area. I will check your patrol module our brother thanks. 

You can add a condition inside the condition field of any automatic created trigger.

Hey pierremgi fooling around with it? You put a lot of modules into this very nice. I need to figure out how to use all these modules and all the little adjustments that could be made with them.

Question how do I spawn a opfor group in a area without a bluefor units present in that area or how do I spawn in a opfor group in an area when only Opfor units present in that area.

How do I spawn a editor placed group in a area and how do I set number of times for respawn or can I set a trigger to stop the respawn for that editor placed group. Avibird 

Is there a way to set the number of times a group spawns in a area I see you can see the cooldown time but not the number of times. 

Is there a way to stop the spawning of a group or groups in a area for good if I complete a task like killing by a unit or blowing up an object or simply reaching a destination. 

As I see it the script module is more designed to population area for ongoing open mission design rather for a specific object mission if there's no way to set the number of times the units can spawn or have the ability to stop the spawning of groups in that area  avibird.

8 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Is there a way to set the number of times a group spawns in a area I see you can see the cooldown time but not the number of times. 

Is there a way to stop the spawning of a group or groups in a area for good if I complete a task like killing by a unit or blowing up an object or simply reaching a destination. 

As I see it the script module is more designed to population area for ongoing open mission design rather for a specific object mission if there's no way to set the number of times the units can spawn or have the ability to stop the spawning of groups in that area  avibird.

In fact, you create triggers spawning all groups you need, no matter the chosen side. There is a cooldown, but also a condition about the presence of any played group (units of a player) not belonging to the side you want to spawn. You can add any part of conditions you want.

For example:  killing bill should stop spawning just add:   alive Bill &&...    at the beginning of the pre-filled condition of all needed triggers. (you can select more than one in editor and add this to the common condition.
Despite cooldown, If you need a single or limited number of times for spawning groups in the same area, you can add a counter:
No need to add something in condition field,Just on deact field:

thisTrigger setVariable ["countLimit", (thisTrigger getVariable ["countLimit",0]) + 1]; if (thisTrigger getVariable ["countLimit,0] == 3 then {deleteVehicle thisTrigger};

The trigger is deleted after 3 times (of de-arming, so spawn).

NOTE1: If you don't want to delete it for good, you need to add a condition (condition field) like : thisTrigger getVariable ["countLimit",0] < 3 && ...

NOTE2: if you read the documentation (pdf inside the mod), you have also a 4th parameter for the spawn code (not used by default, set to FALSE). If you write TRUE as 4th param, you will spawn a unique group, no matter the size of the area. But this is not related to the number of times you spawn.

NOTE3: there is also a "spawn Groups Attack" module, with a number of times you can set, here. This module is more useful for spawning attacks to player or enemies, by waves or not. There is also a field for any code you want to attribute to these groups but that means adding waypoints for a simple patrol, for instance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 8:05 AM, pierremgi said:

In fact, you create triggers spawning all groups you need, no matter the chosen side. There is a cooldown, but also a condition about the presence of any played group (units of a player) not belonging to the side you want to spawn. You can add any part of conditions you want.

For example:  killing bill should stop spawning:

tried reading the documentation but can't work it out.

how would you go about spawn group until "seized by blufor"? 

essentially a framework for a CTI?

apologies if i missed it in the docs

FYI - Well after a few days messing around with some of the best patrol scripts they was around 

1  GAIA is working somewhat. Standard alone or with MCC4 mod.  Air units are broken. APC units gets a sentry waypoint that can last for over 80 minutes. Any vanilla waypoints will get deleted  once combat takes place or a specific time has elapsed. MCC4 mod is very laggy and lots of bugs now. Can't use it anymore.

2. Upmons works for air units and infantry but not vehicles.

3. USPS. Works somewhat still testing it now with all the parameters. 

4. UPS  is the winner. Still works with all units air cars/armor vehicles infantry and sea. 

On 11/25/2022 at 4:41 PM, ozzyt109 said:

tried reading the documentation but can't work it out.

how would you go about spawn group until "seized by blufor"? 

essentially a framework for a CTI?

apologies if i missed it in the docs

This module spawns non-playerside group (you can't spawn groups with a same side of yours), when any of your units (group) comes in the trigger area. These spawned group(s) are patrolling then fight against any encountered enemy group. They are supposed to split: half of them defending, the other half attacking. You can spawn infantry, air, tank,... what you want and spawning a tank platoon in a town will not lead to bouncing burning tanks like BI module. It's possible to create a custom group (helo + vehicle + infantry..) just linking this group to the needed trigger. Each triggers are working independently, the "tool" one is just for placing them very fast on map.

There is a cooldown timer for avoiding too many spawn once the triggers are deactivated (all spawned units are killed or out of area, cooldown starts for 20 min by default) but there is no "Seized by a side" consideration. As written above you can delete the trigger if you don't want to spawn anymore inside an area.
If you want to preset the trigger (differently), you need to work your own condition on each trigger you like.

NOTE: areas are colored, or flagged (center), or... not mentioned on map.

I can help, adjust or improve some features, but not too specific.