_-xXShArK_OGXx-_

Create a new terrain tutorial.

Hi All.

Anyone who can direct me to a good Youtube tutorial on how to create a new terrain for Arma 3?

I'm playing around in L3DT and now I would like to import it to the Terrain builder, but I can't seem to get it to work.

P:drive and Buldozer should be set up correctly. 

PMC Editing Wiki: ArmA 3 terrains main page, bookmark this https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain

PMC Editing Wiki: ArmA 3 Ultimate Terrain Tutorial https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain:ultimate-terrain-tutorial

PMC Editing Wiki: Real World Data Terrain Tutorial https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain:real-world-data-tutorial

ArmaDocs

Atlas

Youtube guides do a lot of stuff wrong, so you just wasting time following them

Thx for your responses guys.

Yes, I noticed that the youtube videos were not very good, I just hoped as I often feel it's easier to understand when I see what I should expect.

I will dig down in the pasted links.

If anyone would like to help me get started and run me through the process please reach out on Discord:

_-xXShArK_OGXx-_#7211

@Snake Man
So I started with https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain,

Now i tried a cupel of times but,

After i run the BAT file and try to run bulldozer I get an error:

Cannot load texture tut\tut_tutorial_terrain\data\Layers\s_000_000_Ico.paa
Do you know why?

Also my M_000_000_lca.png - M_000_001_lca.png - M_001_000_lca.png are just black png's

Is that normal?

9 hours ago, _-xXShArK_OGXx-_ said:

@Snake Man
So I started with https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain,

Now i tried a cupel of times but,

After i run the BAT file and try to run bulldozer I get an error:

Cannot load texture tut\tut_tutorial_terrain\data\Layers\s_000_000_Ico.paa
Do you know why?

Also my M_000_000_lca.png - M_000_001_lca.png - M_001_000_lca.png are just black png's

Is that normal?

You said before p drive should be setup correct, did you disable automount in arma tools if you used it before? Could be arma tools is messing things up, if you used it before switching to .bat file.

Make sure auto mount is off in arma tools (it's up on toolbar somewhere)

Restart PC, then run your new .bat file to mount P drive

Also Arma discord has arma 3 terrain makers section, it's a bit more active on there

Hi @RoF , I don't recall using automount before, I don't think it's on. I see the P drive, but not the projects before I mount it in ARMA Tools.

Also the bat file I'm talking about is the one that converts PNG files to PAA (Just to make sure we talk about the same Bat).

I will try to convert the files manually as it's not that many in the tutorial, to see if its the issue 🙂

28 minutes ago, _-xXShArK_OGXx-_ said:

Hi @RoF , I don't recall using automount before, I don't think it's on. I see the P drive, but not the projects before I mount it in ARMA Tools.

Also the bat file I'm talking about is the one that converts PNG files to PAA (Just to make sure we talk about the same Bat).

I will try to convert the files manually as it's not that many in the tutorial, to see if its the issue 🙂

eek! don't use arma tools to mount P drive! Setup P drive with a custom .bat file (pmc covers this as well, but some get confused by it)  also make sure you use mikero's arma3p to extract files to the P drive, arma tools doesn't do it correct

2 minutes ago, RoF said:

eek! don't use arma tools to mount P drive! Setup P drive with a custom .bat file (pmc covers this as well, but some get confused by it)  also make sure you use mikero's arma3p to extract files to the P drive, arma tools doesn't do it correct

ok, will do that now

20 minutes ago, RoF said:

So I uninstalled the P: drive, -> then  downloaded the bat file -> then edited the file, and ran it, but no p:Drive
How can I do something so simple wrong??

Just now, _-xXShArK_OGXx-_ said:

So I uninstalled the P: drive, -> then  downloaded the bat file -> then edited the file, and ran it, but no p:Drive
How can I do something so simple wrong??

Is the folder you used in edited file there? It won't make the folder for you. Also you need  quotes around the path if there is spaces in it

9 minutes ago, RoF said:

Is the folder you used in edited file there? It won't make the folder for you. Also you need  quotes around the path if there is spaces in it

my Bat looks like this:
@echo off
if exist p: (subst p: /q)
subst p: C:\Users\Steen\Documents\ArmaPdrive

I created an empty folder called -> ArmaPdrive

7 minutes ago, _-xXShArK_OGXx-_ said:

my Bat looks like this:
@echo off
if exist p: (subst p: /q)
subst p: C:\Users\Steen\Documents\ArmaPdrive

I created an empty folder called -> ArmaPdrive

i went to Mikero and downloaded the:

ArmA3p.1.62.8.84.Installer.exe

Now i got a p Drive

4 hours ago, _-xXShArK_OGXx-_ said:

@RoF Finally got it working after an all-nighter 🙂

Nice!

Just take your time with it all! it can be very overwhelming when you first start, if you are not use to doing certain things.

Remember there is an Arma Discord that is abit more active