El' Rabito

ExileServer ClearBuffer Fix

# ExileServer-ClearBuffer-Fix
This fixes some broken Vanilla code that skipped elements in the ExileSystemPlayerSaveASYNC and ExileServerVehicleSaveQueue on clearing buffers on server restart.
Which is rather bad because it can cause loss of gear/vehicle rollback or allow duping!

WARNING: Make sure every player was kicked before the ExileServer_system_rcon_event_clearBuffers is run!

# Installation
* Replace @ExileServer\addons\exile_server\code\ExileServer_system_rcon_event_clearBuffers.sqf and repack your exile_server.pbo

Download: Github
Support Me: buymeacoffee.com

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update. Why is it now important to kick players before running the clear buffers?

Is it because it updates the database & then clears the cache. Making a chance that the database wont update before restart?

ExileSystemPlayerSaveASYNC deleteAt _forEachIndex;

I have been running the clear buffer script with infistar restart warnings. I run it at 15 minutes 10 minutes, 5 minutes & 1 minute until restart with no complaints from players. Just thought I would ask before updating the clear buffer file.

Hope that you are doing well :)

10 hours ago, aussie battler said:

Thanks for the update. Why is it now important to kick players before running the clear buffers?

Is it because it updates the database & then clears the cache. Making a chance that the database wont update before restart?

ExileSystemPlayerSaveASYNC deleteAt _forEachIndex;

I have been running the clear buffer script with infistar restart warnings. I run it at 15 minutes 10 minutes, 5 minutes & 1 minute until restart with no complaints from players. Just thought I would ask before updating the clear buffer file.

Hope that you are doing well :)

Because the Exile restart system is stopping the Exile thread system.
So players that didn't get kicked when the Exile restart/shutdown system is calling ExileServer_system_rcon_event_clearBuffers and stopping the thread system, wont be saved properly.

• Like 1

Thanks @El' Rabito you are a legend. I understand why I shouldn't run the buffer script before restarts now 🙂

Thanks for sharing this fix.

I just read this in rcon, looking forward to using the fix...
Jeffrey.: wow this mystery of stuff vanishing when we log is really starting to shit me . i logged out yesterday long before the timer started and now i still lose gear. I shake my fist 🙂

18 hours ago, Sgt Smash said:

Does this stop the loss of uniform/vests bug after restarts?

Probably not, it's the naked bug (Arma bug).
Server is not aware of the client uniform/vest (like other players which see them naked).
Use the infistar !fixme command before logging out to avoid that.

Which does that on the client side.

player setUnitLoadout (getUnitLoadout player)