Boroski

Forcing A.I to fire weapon

Hello, I am testing things around in the Editor to figure out what works and what doesn't before doing anything serious, like making a mod vehicle such as Tu-95 strategic bomber drop it's bombs at a waypoint.

I've gone through every fire command in editor wiki to force this one vanilla Arma 3 infantryman to shoot his rifle. However none of them works and I am at loss what I'm doing wrong here, since not even copypasted codes work.

Cm2wytU.jpg

I'll be posting further problems in this thread once this is solved.

i would take a look thru this thread even though its more about getting the AT soldier to fire his launcher

4 hours ago, froggyluv said:

i would take a look thru this thread even though its more about getting the AT soldier to fire his launcher

None of the forceWeaponFire commands in the wiki worked, neither does _unit forceWeaponFire [weaponState _unit select 1, weaponState _unit select 2];
I worked around it by using "UNIT doSuppressiveFire OBJECT;" on a invisible object, problem solved I guess.

Now how do I force an aircraft to fire whatever weapon it has? I am trying to get Pook's Tu-95 bomber to drop it's sole loadout of 24 x FAB-250 bombs.

Is there a script to bring up the name of the bomb and then use it in another script to force the A.I pilot to drop the bombs until none remain?

Because since the test scenario in a video called "ArmA 3 Editing : Carpet Bombing" found in YouTube, I managed to succesfully recreate, I was wondering if I could do it again with a mod plane and weapons, finding the correct names is the issue and I don't know where to look.