twistking

how to end cba_func_taskpatrol for AI

Hello,
i want to use the taskdefend / taskpatrol functions, but can't figure out how to end the task for the AI group. I tried a trigger with setcurrentwaypoint, but AI will continue its func_task no matter what.

I was trying with the cba flavor of the function, but vanilla arma func_task would also be okay, as long as i find a way to snap the AI out of their behaviour and go on with their waypoint by trigger.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

(the actual problem i'm trying to solve is a group randomly patroling and/or hiding in a building until the player is spotted, when the group should flee the player. when setting up the patroling/hiding manually with waypoints, i can easily trigger the AI to move with setcurrentwaypoint, but this won't work with the functions, that i would prefer for the randomization)

Both CBA and BI patrol functions just add waypoints, with the last being a Cycle.

All you need to do is add a new waypoint and then set it as the current to bypass the cycle. I realise you say you have already done this but you must be doing something wrong.

Just try this in a mission preview with just the player...

Spoiler

_h = [] spawn {
	//Spawn group
	_group = [ player getPos[ 50, getDir player ], side player, 3 ] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
	//Send on patrol
	[ _group, player getPos[ 50, getDir player ], 5 ] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;

sleep 30;

hint "ending patrol";
	//Add new wp
	_wp = _group addWaypoint[ player getPos[ -10, getDir player ], 0 ];
	_wp setWaypointStatements[ "true", "hint 'patrol finished'" ];

//Set wp as current to skip patrol cycle
	_group setCurrentWaypoint _wp;
};

... group will go on patrol for 30 seconds, then a new wp is added where the group will travel to ( just behind the player) and will hint "patrol finished".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Larrow said:

Both CBA and BI patrol functions just add waypoints, with the last being a Cycle.

All you need to do is add a new waypoint and then set it as the current to bypass the cycle. I realise you say you have already done this but you must be doing something wrong.

Just try this in a mission preview with just the player...

Hide contents

_h = [] spawn {
	//Spawn group
	_group = [ player getPos[ 50, getDir player ], side player, 3 ] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
	//Send on patrol
	[ _group, player getPos[ 50, getDir player ], 5 ] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;

sleep 30;

hint "ending patrol";
	//Add new wp
	_wp = _group addWaypoint[ player getPos[ -10, getDir player ], 0 ];
	_wp setWaypointStatements[ "true", "hint 'patrol finished'" ];

//Set wp as current to skip patrol cycle
	_group setCurrentWaypoint _wp;
};

... group will go on patrol for 30 seconds, then a new wp is added where the group will travel to ( just behind the player) and will hint "patrol finished".

Thanks. I will try that. Maybe i did test setcurrentwaypoint only with the defend tasks and not the patrol tasks (probably assumed that they work similarly).
Thanks again!