Sign in to follow this  
Ulfgaar

Retexture of Helicopter Rotor Blades

Greetings mighty oracle! 

I have come to seek your knowledge once again. 

Jokes aside, im doing some retexture work for my unit - and im retexturing a few assets from both the vanilla game and some mods, helicopters in this instance. 
I've been using this code to apply my skins to said helicopter and to test them in the editor. 

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,"MyTexture.paa"];

Now, i've managed to retexture all exterior parts, however being stuck on what selection ID to use for the rotor blades themselves, and the interior of the helicopter. 
So, im reaching out to you guys here - to see if you might know the answer regarding how to retexture, or at least apply new textures to rotor blades and helicopter interiors. I've got the files for it, i just dont know how to apply them correctly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

//Ulfgaar

• Like 1

For the 'setObjectTextureGlobal' command to work, the part you want to assign textures to must have hiddenselections assigned to them (via a combination of model and config work). As we don't have access to the models, due to them being Binarized, I doubt you'll have much luck in this endeavour.

You could, theoretically at least, hex-edit the model(s) to use your new textures but that is a very grey-area around these parts...

Alright, thanks for your response. 

Was hoping to just make some new skins to use for our group - but, if i have to actually go this deep just to change the visual textures of the rotor blades, its bit too much imo.

I'm struggling with the same ie the rotor textures.