J.Larsson

How do i spawn AI jet fighter in air?

is there any easy way to spawn a AI jet fighter in air and start search and destroy and when he is killed he will respawn again, same position and start over his task?

ì am very bad with scripts, so I hope you people can bear with me.

Hi, in my mission you can spawn ai fighter jets or helis from any faction and dlc that will engage the player if seen

thats probably not what your after but, take a look at my AI Compilation list seen here:

Look under the AI CAS, Helicopters, Jets & Planes category.

13 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hi, in my mission you can spawn ai fighter jets or helis from any faction and dlc that will engage the player if seen

thats probably not what your after but, take a look at my AI Compilation list seen here:

Look under the AI CAS, Helicopters, Jets & Planes category.

thank you for the Respond!

i will dig deeper into it!

18 hours ago, J.Larsson said:

is there any easy way to spawn a AI jet fighter in air and start search and destroy and when he is killed he will respawn again, same position and start over his task?

ì am very bad with scripts, so I hope you people can bear with me.

I suggest my "spawn group attack" module. You can link the module with any type of aircraft(s) if you don't want to search for an existing group,... any configuration, choose the number of groups, decide to attach enemies ou players, or script anything for these groups, repeat or not the waves...

Well, no need to script or script all you need.

If you want here is a simple script

iniServer.sqf
I'm not sure about the functionality, but somehow it could be like this

Enemy_fighter = {
_alt = 1000; //height
_SpawnPlanePos = flagpole_1 getpos  [3000, random 360]; //3km and from each direction from this flagpole
_dir = [_SpawnPlanePos, flagpole_1] call BIS_fnc_dirTo; //when the plane spawns, it already has the right direction.
_Plane = [_SpawnPlanePos, _dir, "class name your plane", eneny side "East,west,Independent"] call BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle;

_Aircraft = _Plane select 0;
_Aircraft setPosATL [getPosATL _AirPlane select 0, getPosATL _AirPlane select 1, _alt]; //the aircraft now spawns at the correct altitude
_Aircraft setVehicleLock "LOCKEDPLAYER";

_AirPlaneCrew = _Plane select 1;
_AirPLaneGroup = _Plane select 2;

{
_x allowFleeing 0;
_x setSkill 1;
} forEach units _AirPLaneGroup;

_wp1 = _AirPLaneGroup addWaypoint [flagpole_1, 0];
_wp1 setWaypointType "SAD";
_wp1 setWaypointCombatMode "RED";
_wp1 setWaypointBehaviour "AWARE";
_wp1 setWaypointSpeed "NORMAL";

_wp2 = _AirPLaneGroup addWaypoint [flagpole_1, 1];
_wp2 setWaypointType "CYCLE";
_wp2 setWaypointCombatMode "RED";
_wp2 setWaypointBehaviour "AWARE";
_wp2 setWaypointSpeed "NORMAL";
};

waitUntil {!alive _Aircraft};
_New = [this] spawn Enemy_fighter;

On 10/25/2022 at 4:50 PM, pierremgi said:

I suggest my "spawn group attack" module. You can link the module with any type of aircraft(s) if you don't want to search for an existing group,... any configuration, choose the number of groups, decide to attach enemies ou players, or script anything for these groups, repeat or not the waves...

Well, no need to script or script all you need.

I just learned there were Moduls in workshop in steam.
the amount of hour I spent on editing I now relies this.

I just downloaded a fantastic mod,
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2268779714

so in explanation on the map I want to create.

it is capture objects around the whole world. I want a dynamic system on how enemies will spawn,
I have the regular “Spawn AI” moduel, these AI are set to a home base and to find the objectives and capture them.

as for the A.E.S workshop Moduel, it spawn random enemies around you at an specific area.
including, small chance spawning a hunter group that will seek you out and eliminate you. ❤️

there is one Key design I need to my map. Then I am done!
a moduel that can spawn AI Aircraft, Helicopters / Planes - seek and destroy. And once they die. They spawn again within a timer.

BTW pierremgi, I used the scrip, it worked at start, but after a while, vehicle started to spawn without a driver after 15 min ish into the game.
so I had to scrap it. (I am terrible with scrips, I rather avoid it if possible.)

Thank you Have a nice day.

15 hours ago, J.Larsson said:

but after a while, vehicle started to spawn without a driver after 15 min ish into the game.
so I had to scrap it. (I am terrible with scrips, I rather avoid it if possible.)
Thank you Have a nice day.

Use the mod you want. There are plenty of good mods for spawning something. Don't forget an heavy scenario in Arma can stack plenty of scripts with no change to execute all of them within scheduler. So, the more complex, the dumber AIs, the worse chance to complete all you want.