snoopynator

Mortar replacement

Hi

Ā 

Can you replace the mortar, that are not so mortal šŸ™‚Ā  by RPG ??

Ā 

You know, a good one with a good radius of deadly impact.

Ā 

thanks šŸ˜‰

• Like 1

Not keen on that idea if Iā€™m honest weā€™d just have aim botting cheaters running rpgs all over the map šŸ¤£ given the style of the game I canā€™t see any kind of explosive rocket launcher grenade launcher or rpg being viable. That said I think thereā€™s merit for a smoke or tear gas grenade maybe even a Molotov?

• Like 2

I like molotov , but it need to be easy to pitch and more precise then mortar.Ā  The goal is not to advise players with a sound 5 sec before...

It need to be persistent for 30 sec and be a deadly weapon.Ā  It can help agains camper šŸ™‚

Ā 

Mine are to gentle... and noisy... WHY the noisy sound !Ā Ā 

Ā 

Bouncing betty too will be great !

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

I would prefer it if you could use your mortar anywhere on the map.Ā 

Your map has grid coordinates, why not use the grid?

Help flush out exit campers before you get there.

The Molotov would be good inclusion, as for a smoke grenade, I think they're struggling hard enough right now with getting the look of the game looking right, smoke would only add to their woes.

• Like 1

Not a bad shout! Map focused air strikes would be interesting but think developer side of things could this lead to exit griefing? Someoneā€™s bound to find a way to abuse this, would maybe have to take away exit crows maybe? Perhaps a new air strike for precision targeting via the map like 3 small missiles (from a jet perhaps) keep mortars at line of sight as it is currently but perhaps improve on them reducing the wind up for the shells landing. I think mortar shell accuracy is about on par in terms of spread mortars generally arenā€™t accurate more a dispersion/suppressionĀ munition. Perhaps you could balance a new kind of air strike to coincide with a ā€œlock onā€ from a used signal tower or portable detector that you can air strike on the map?

• Like 1