XekuterGaming

Game save error code

I've been trying to research this error (You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. a3_character_f) for when I save and load any mission on Arma. I've downloaded new mission mods as well and it does the same thing. I've seen where people suggested deleting old save file or copying them and move around or renaming and nothing has worked. I've tried to research what mod could be missing as well and it doesn't come up with anything. Someone told me to find the file and delete in the Arma folder but this only made the error say something different.

Thank you for the reply, I have verified game files multiple times. There was a suggestion to delete the file from the vanilla addons folder as well and re-verify.

Also, this is occurring on SP not multiplayer or any servers. 

Just ignore the error, i get on my server and even on client side rpt, all i can suggest is turn off your logs

set it to [x] No logs in the parameters tab on the launcher.

On a server in the server.cfg it would be:

// LOGGING
timeStampFormat  = "none";                // Timestamp format used in the server RPT logs. Possible values are "none" (default), "short", "full"

In my opinion and experience, logs arnt needed unless your apt to sit there and monitor everything going on with

your game or server for the sake of performance or because your using a ton of mods and trying to make sure

everything is working as it should for compatibility, or if your scripting then it can help with logging errors if any.

Server wise logs are best used when trying to load into a mission and it dont load, so logs can give you feedback

on such issues as missing mods, corrupt mod files like difference in file size aka blah blah data file B is smaller then data file A,

or script errors, mod conflicts, or the server wont start because you misspelled a mod name in your command line.

So if you dont want to see errors, most times with logs off you should see them it depends.

On 10/22/2022 at 2:05 AM, XekuterGaming said:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

This error you will always see when you build a mission with a mod that you used but is not actually

being used in the mission so the mission inherited it, and or created whats called an addon dependency, so its important to

understand that when you build a mission, only load those mods if any that will actually be in the mission

like actual physical assets, like units, cars, weapons, gear, uniforms, modules, ect,.

If its occurring like stated in the OP then as Polpox stated its possibly a corrupt file, best imo locate and delete and then

do a verify integrity of cache. Cheers!