Sign in to follow this  
zukov

Arland

but some sneak a peek of Arland the new island? 
Baltic landscape? New vegetation? snow?

Hoping Arland has more of a war torn look and feel to it, as beautiful as Everon is it’s hard to be immersed in any kind of scenario there.

8 hours ago, EO said:

Hoping Arland has more of a war torn look and feel to it, as beautiful as Everon is it’s hard to be immersed in any kind of scenario there.

as far as i know, the destroyable buildings are in roadmap. I hope instead in more "institutional" building, offices and so on

Should we do bets on the real life location ? ^^

Seems to me Bohemia often uses real life places for their maps in Arma. Since they called this Arland, it will probably be one of the Aland Islands. They said it will be a summer setting so no snow for now unfortunately.

Anyway, I'm betting on Sottunga, I don't know why, it has an Arma feel to it. It's not really 4x4 km though.

Google Maps Photo

Edit 11.11.2022 : Okay after seeing the new screenshot, seems the new island has some hills, which Sottunga doesn't have, being mostly flat. So I'll place my new bet on Kumlinge. I hesitate with the Vardo island too because to me the shape of its borders, configuration of its roads and presence of big lakes is more interesting, but Kumlinge has an airstrip so...

Also, the screenshot inside the generator room is super intriguing ! I hope this means improvement of lighting and gameplay inside underground locations / facilities ? Can't wait for the new solo/co-op game mode too ! I love scenarios, and the Arma 3 engine already proved to be able at making awesome gameplay mechanics (I'm looking at your Laws of War DLC and the "rewind time" campaign), so I can't wait to see how scripted events and interactions will look like in Arma Reforger/4 scenarios !

Edited by Shurilex
Changing bets

Any news on when this patch is supposed to drop? They said Q4 and i've been keeping an eye out, perhaps before Christmas?

It already dropped my dude ^^

By the way, I was wrong about the island. Does someone know if it is indeed inspired from a real life location ?

I admit I'm a little bit sad that it doesn't have a Norwegian seeting with red little houses as I thought it would, but really cool to have a new terrain nonetheless !

(I don't understand the whole Malden islands concept though. Malden is a mediterranean island whereas Everon / Arland are located in the baltic ^^)

The bunkers are really cool (still not true underground but heh, maybe one day ^^) can't wait to see the lights working in them. I hope the overall indoor lighting of the enfusion engine will be improved, because as of now when you are in a closed space during the day (for exemple in the crypt of a church on Everon), it's not dark at all inside as it should be. Having the door open of a room without windows really should flood it with light and when it's closed everything should go dark. In the bunkers the flashlight during the day barely works at all for example.

Hope to see those red stops lights of vehicles illuminating the ground like they do in the screenshots ! (And maybe even the smoke of the exhaust fumes, I remember Mafia II did this)