mathiasstahle

Uploading campaigns to Steam

How do I upload a campaign to Steam these days? Short story: I 've just finished building a new single player campaign with a working file structure. As long as it's in uncompressed format (still in it's yellow folders) everything works when I place it in the campaign folder. I can also pack it, upload it to Steam and subscribe to it without any error messages. But the published campaign doesn't show up in the campaign-folder once I subscribe to it. It only appears as individual non-connected missions in the mp setup section. What am I doing wrong here?

3 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Did you follow these 2 pages?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgMissions

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mission_Export#Addon_Format

Addon format (i.e. config.cpp instead of description.ext) should work.

I tried, but probably got something wrong. I'm not familiar with the config.cpp part, but will have a look at it soon. Is that supposed to replace the campaign specific description.ext in the campaigns root folder? Or does it need both?

For example.

class Campaigns { class Bootcamp { directory = "A3\Missions_F_Bootcamp\Campaign"; filterGroup = 3; // Only bootcamp campaign will be listed in Campaign dialogue invoked by Bootcamp button. // include the campaign description.ext to make its content re-usable outside of the campaign #include "\A3\Missions_F_Bootcamp\Campaign\description.ext" }; };

Where is this part supposed to go? Is this the config document? Intended for the addon folder? Instructions on the BIS Wiki aren't exactly crystal clear. The campaign in question is straight forward with no chapters and I want it to show up in the regular Campaigns folder.

2 hours ago, Snake Man said:

Head over to PMC Editing Wiki, there is plenty of mission and campaign information to learn from.

It looks like a useful collection of template-snippets, but I can't see anything related to making a config.cpp for a campaign (that's about to be published as an addon) in there. I've figured out that the config should go in the mod's addon folder and that it needs entries for cfgPatches and cfgMissions, but that's about it. What else does it require? And what should a complete config.cpp for a campaign look like? 

Someone must have done this before. Plz help.

2 hours ago, RachelGomez161999 said:

Honestly you cannot upload Games to stream as you do not have access to their server and also steam doesn't permit uploading games since it increases the chances of getting a virus and believe me a multimillion dollar company like steam does not want to get a virus in their server. Now if you're looking to get features from steam overlay like fps counter and option for screenshots then that's possible.

Click the Games menu, choose Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.
Browse for games on your computer or put a check next to the game(s) you wish to add to the Library.
Click on "Add Selected Programs".
Now you'll be able to use steam features on a non steam game. Hope it helps 

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Unrelated. We are speaking about Arma mods,missions,campaigns... created by the community and uploaded on Steam Arma workshop, not about an extra-game.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Unrelated.

Spam account. Every post is a copy/paste from some other forum/site. Reported.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Unrelated.

Best not to reply to such obvious credit building spam accounts in the future and just hit the report button in top right corner of the post/thread in question.