Ganvai84

Finding vanilla Sounds in Arma

Hey folks,

I started with building missions a few weeks ago and something I really wanted to dive in deeper is the sounds from Arma 3 itself.

I would love to add some voicelines to my mission. Not custom voice lines (my voice is horrible and I don't want to hire somebody else), but existing voicelines.

There are a lot of radio messages and stuff you could use to get your players to react on something. Simple stuff like "Roger", "Yes, Sir" and so on. But the problem for me is, finding these little fuckers.

I found, of course, the very extensive List in the Wiki for Sound Files, but I was thinking maybe someone had already the same idea and a little bit more of programming skills and already made a tool for this.

So, is there something Jukebox like for SFX? So that you can really search for the sounds you are looking for, with a preview before you build them into your mission and have to test it there?

Or is there maybe an easier way to play/test sounds in the debug console?

Any help would be deeply appreciated. I looked for it like two days, but I fear I am searching in the wrong direction or having some faulty reasoning.

Thanks in advance,
Jan

Hi @Ganvai84, welcome to the forums :).

I can't tell how familiar you are with Arma scripting, how the game works under the hood, et cetera. 

If you want a complete list of all game sounds (as "config references", so you can directly refer to them in scripting without needing to extract the sound files), then this post answers your question:

If you wish to both play the "standard" voice lines used in radio protocol, and mission lines, then you may be better off extracting the sound_F and campaign PBO's to find the references to specific lines.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

sorry for the late reply but was on vacation. Thank you so much for both suggestions. Very helpful.

Muchas gracias,

Jan

You may also find my JBOY_Speak script useful (unit will say the vanilla command sound it whatever his supported ARMA language is, ie., English, French, Chinese, Russian, Persian, etc.).

• Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 8:26 PM, johnnyboy said:

You may also find my JBOY_Speak script useful (unit will say the vanilla command sound it whatever his supported ARMA language is, ie., English, French, Chinese, Russian, Persian, etc.).

Yes, this is dope. Thank you very much!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ganvai84 said:

Yes, this is dope. Thank you very much!

Glad to help.  Welcome to the forums btw!  🙂

Thanks man. Glad to be here to have some place to support my daily dosis of drugs, ahm, I mean Eden Editor stuff 😄

• Haha 1