MarineRecon191

Need a helpful guide on how to model new units

Hey, I just wanted to start by saying that many of the resources I came up with trying to find a way to make new units/soldiers were either the wrong thing, had dead links, or were never specific, so sorry if I'm bringing this up. I also never really grew up in the time of forum pages so this might come off a little bit strange in its formatting so I apologize in advance. 

Anyways, since that's now out of the way, I've been trying to figure out how I can retexture and remodel the Force Recon marines from Vanilla with a different face, equipment, and camouflage to their uniforms. Still, I just haven't been able to find anything that can help me apart from one forum from a couple of years ago that had a dead link on other resources on how to do it. This project is mainly just to help me get experience in modeling and texturing since I am working on a more significant project but simply put, I want to start off simple. 

I have the required ARMA modding tools and the sample models that I got from the BIwiki, so I think I have that covered.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'll be willing to fix any mistakes if I made any, thanks.