tizzo

Cant get Coop Mission to end properly on Dedicated Server

Hello everyone!

I´ve tried to research for a solution, opened dozens of pbo files and watched hrs and hrs of youtube videos, but i simply need help!!!

I like to create small coop missions for our dedicated server. Among a few other problems, I cant figure out, how to make sure, that all clients get their task updates and mission endings at the same time.

From what I understand, I have to define global Variables in the init on mission start up.  (<- Here is the first problem for me, not sure how to do it right!)

Like this?

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

missionNameSpace setVariable ["myfirsttask", 0];
publicVariable "myfirsttask";

sleep 1;

Ok, found a nice video on youtube on how to get tasks updated  within a mission. How EXACTLY to get a trigger on firing the publicVariable "myfirsttask" to achieved?

inside trigger on activation:

missionNameSpace setVariable ["myfirsttask", 1];    <--- like this ???

Ok, so now how to i trigger the endmission for everyone at the same time?

I know I have to use following: "end1" call BIS_fnc_endMission; but how exactly?

Do I set up another trigger with publicVariable "myfirsttask" as condition ???

In that regard, I have another issue! I like the endtrigger to fire ONLY when all alive players are within the trigger area AND "myfirsttask" is done! Is that even possible, while revive is enabled?

({ alive _x } count thislist) == 0;  <-- This should be part of the trigger?!?? Or do i simply go into editor and sync the whole player group with the last trigger?

Last but not least, even though revival is enabled, how to I end the missions, once all players are down at the same time???

I´ve seen many videos and tutorials to most of above topics, but most if not all of them, dont account for the mission being run a dedicated server!!!

Do I need and initserver.sqf? If yes, does it mean I also need a initplayerlocal.sqf and an init.sqf?  

I really really hope to find some help here, thanks for taking the time to read this!!!

2 hours ago, tizzo said:

From what I understand, I have to define global Variables in the init on mission start up.  (<- Here is the first problem for me, not sure how to do it right!)

Like this?

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

missionNameSpace setVariable ["myfirsttask", 0];
publicVariable "myfirsttask";

in initServer.sqf  (this way you don't need to exit for clients)

myFirstTask = 0;

publicVariable "myFirstTask";

same as:

missionNameSpace setVariable ["myFirstTask",0,TRUE];

2 hours ago, tizzo said:

inside trigger on activation:

missionNameSpace setVariable ["myfirsttask", 1];    <--- like this ???

If trigger is server only:

missionNameSpace setVariable ["myFirstTask", 1,TRUE];

if not (preferable):
missionNameSpace setVariable ["myFirstTask", 1];
or even:
myFirstTask =1;

2 hours ago, tizzo said:

I have another issue! I like the endtrigger to fire ONLY when all alive players are within the trigger area AND "myfirsttask" is done! Is that even possible, while revive is enabled?

({ alive _x } count thislist) == 0;  <-- This should be part of the trigger?!?? Or do i simply go into editor and sync the whole player group with the last trigger?

Last but not least, even though revival is enabled, how to I end the missions, once all players are down at the same time???

I´ve seen many videos and tutorials to most of above topics, but most if not all of them, dont account for the mission being run a dedicated server!!!

Do I need and initserver.sqf? If yes, does it mean I also need a initplayerlocal.sqf and an init.sqf?  

I really really hope to find some help here, thanks for taking the time to read this!!!

thisList refers to the preset condition of the trigger (and only preset one). So I guess your trigger is preset by ANY PLAYER PRESENT.

Problem: { alive _x } count thisList) == 0 fires when thisList is empty ( []  because no player is present in the area)

If you want a trigger firing for all players dead or unconscious, don't use the preset condition, the area of trigger... let it NONE NONE, no area needed and write the condition:

allPlayers isNotEqualTo [] && ({!alive _x or lifeState _x == "incapacitated"} count allPlayers == count allPlayers)

• Like 1

Hi pierremgi, than you so much for your answer!!!

Very curious to try it out!!

Regarding the last point / allPlayers isNotEqualTo [] && ({!alive _x or lifeState _x == "incapacitated"} count allPlayers == count allPlayers) / can I set myFirstTask =1; as condition?

hello again,

so the trigger with allPlayers isNotEqualTo [] && ({!alive _x or lifeState _x == "incapacitated"} count allPlayers == count allPlayers) didn´t do anything. Not in the editor and nor on the dedicated server.

i did leave the trigger at none, none, but it seems that it needs some kind of activation.

any ideas please???

4 hours ago, tizzo said:

Regarding the last point / allPlayers isNotEqualTo [] && ({!alive _x or lifeState _x == "incapacitated"} count allPlayers == count allPlayers) / can I set myFirstTask =1; as condition?

33 minutes ago, tizzo said:

so the trigger with allPlayers isNotEqualTo [] && ({!alive _x or lifeState _x == "incapacitated"} count allPlayers == count allPlayers) didn´t do anything. Not in the editor and nor on the dedicated server.

i did leave the trigger at none, none, but it seems that it needs some kind of activation.

any ideas please???

Yes you can add any condition you want:

allPlayers isNotEqualTo [] && ({!alive _x or lifeState _x == "incapacitated"} count allPlayers == count allPlayers) && myFirstTask == 1

This condition works for all players dead (or dead-respawn, state before respawning) or unconscious (that means the revive system is set). I can't say what you're doing with that, and how are you testing!

Remember ALL players must be unable to play. Test with something easy to check: in on activation field: player setPos [0,0,0]   (or equivalent)

Just realizing a misunderstanding. The above code requires all players to be unable to play. THIS is actually a Loose condition, which is actually also important for my mission. This i can test only tomorrow with  some mates.

What I´m currently trying to achieve is winning the mission. Since my tasks are chained, I dont even need to set a condition, except following:

All alive players have to be within the trigger area! Only then, the trigger is to fire either

"end1" call BIS_fnc_endMission;

or

["MissionCompleted",true,true,true,true]call BIS_fnc_endMission;

how to i do this??

type: none??

activation: blufor

condition:

allPlayers isEqualTo [] && ({alive _x} count allPlayers == count allPlayers)  ?????

^ i just made that up...

So set an area for the trigger,

(none none is ok)

({alive _x && lifeState _x != "incapacitated" && _x inArea thisTrigger} count allPlayers == count allPlayers) && myFirstTask == 1

it says: condition missing )  

cant figure out where to put it, sorry for stressing your helpfulness...

2 hours ago, tizzo said:

it says: condition missing )  

cant figure out where to put it, sorry for stressing your helpfulness...

Erf, just because there is a f..king hidden character inside this stupid editor.

Corrected above.

Always copy/paste here in the editor, place the lines in editor code:  <> , and watch for red dot(s) inside code. Remove them.

ha, i got lucky, found an old post from 6 years ago, where pierremgi pointed out a piece of code, which works fine!

if (!isNil "groupName") then { ({group _x == groupName} count thislist) == count units groupName }

here is the link:

@pierremgi thank you sooo sooo much for help and input!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, tizzo said:

ha, i got lucky, found an old post from 6 years ago, where pierremgi pointed out a piece of code, which works fine!

if (!isNil "groupName") then { ({group _x == groupName} count thislist) == count units groupName }

here is the link:

@pierremgi thank you sooo sooo much for help and input!!!!!!!!!

Follow my post above. The code is corrected. You don't understand what you're doing with this new condition.

i´ve seen your post above, after i did released my last post. i will give that a go!!!!