Ibragim A

Two significant problems of the command menu, which in many ways complicate modding

I can be said to be straight and I like to stick to vanilla game concepts even in my mods, including the concept of the command menu through which the user controls his squad. When creating mods, I faced two unresolved problems that, in my opinion, very seriously complicate and limit modding, and these problems are as follows:

1- the lack of a universal ability to handle which choice the user made in a particular command menu. So, you can use the inputAction "CommandingMenu1", for example, but the problem is that this will work only if the user makes a choice in the menu with a number key, while he can also make the same choice with Space or MMB and inputAction will not show which choice in the command menu the user did. Right example of what I'm talking about is inGameUISetEventHandler. It makes possible to find out the index of the selected action in action menu through the _index variable. I would like to have the same opportunity, but for the command menu.
2 - the inability to use your own conditions in order to enable or make inactive one or another option in the command menu (isActive and isVisible parameters (enable & show in config.hpp)). Now there are vanilla commands like "CursorOnEnemy" for this, but they are not enough. The modeler should be able to create his own conditions for the appearance or activation of those options in the menu that he creates.

Thank you very much.