Adamnellz

Trigger "get out" for a group inside of a boat

Hello,

I am doing a D-Day landing level and want to use a trigger to make a crew from an LCVP exit. I understand I can use the leavevehicle command, I just do not understand how to select the squad in my boat for my trigger. 

For example, my squad is showing as Alpha 1-5 (7 units). What would be the command for this? I have looked at other forums,  but it is not making sense to me. When the boat drives into the trigger field, I just need the crew to exit. I want to do this WITHOUT using waypoints because the boat never goes straight.

My unit name for LCVP is lcvp2.

I just need to know what to put in the trigger to make only the group, not the driver, exit the lcvp.

Please help.

Thank you.

In my opinion, the most primitive and suitable way for you will be the following:

1) the trigger must be activated by the presence of someone from your side in it.
2) give variable names (like: unit_1, unit_2 ...) to each unit that should disembark from the boat when this trigger is activated.
3) in the trigger activation write:

{_x leaveVehicle lcvp2} forEach [unit_1, unit_2];

But remember that if the driver of the boat is from the same group, he will also get out of it. Make him a unit of another group.

If the driver of the boat is from another group, then you can make it easier:
1) Give the variable name to the group itself (for example, group_1).
2) In the trigger activation write:

group_1 leaveVehicle lcvp2;

• Like 1

It worked. Thank you very much. What I just did not understand was that you could name groups.... Feel really dumb now.

Appreciate it.