XerXesCZ

BIS_fnc_typeText2 safezones

Hi everyone!

I have this slight little problem that is driving me crazy for around two hours now. I'm using BIS_fnc_typeText2 to display info in a cutscene. After a while I figured out how to display it in the bottom left corner of my screen, however, I have cinematic lines enabled and I need the text displayed above the cinematic lines and slightly to the right (but still on the left side). I've been experimenting with some values, but so far, I wasn't able to get it right.

[
    [
        ["June 27th, 1967, 12:00", "align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font='EtelkaMonospaceProBold'"],
        ["", "<br/>"],
        ["Central Highlands near Cambodian border", "align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font='EtelkaMonospaceProBold'"]
    ],
    safeZoneX, safeZoneH + safeZoneY
] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2;

Thanks in advance for any help. The culprit is definitely in safeZoneX, safeZoneH + safeZoneY, something needs to be added there, so it will be above the cinematic lines and slightly indented to the right.

In this BI function, the position of the control is set by:

_control ctrlSetPosition [_posX,_posY - _h - 0.01,safeZoneW,_h]  // syntax: [_x,_y,_w,_h]

You can play with _posX and _posY
_h depends on the height of the Text (font);

_w set by safeZoneW is consistent...

_h set by _h? instead of safeZoneH, don't ask me why.

What you could try is something like:

[
    [
        ["June 27th, 1967, 12:00", "align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font='EtelkaMonospaceProBold'"],
        ["", "<br/>"],
        ["Central Highlands near Cambodian border", "align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font='EtelkaMonospaceProBold'"]
    ],
    -0.6, 1.3
] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this. After tweaking these values I've got result which i needed.

• Like 1