EO

Used Vehicles (WIP)

Hey folks, thought I'd open this thread to show progress of my first mod for Arma Reforger and hopefully share some Workbench tips along the way. 

Used Vehicles will retexture and recolour a few of the Reforger vehicles giving them a much more worn and dilapidated look. It's very much an experimental project just to get to know the Workbench and how it functions.

I've started working on the open top version of the M151A2, and configured both armed and unarmed versions.

Further down the line I'll make a few versions of the UAZ-469 in a similar style, and maybe some Ural's too.

So for your amusement or enjoyment here are a few WIP screenshots of the M151A2....

uqVtxiW.jpg

RBEfmZY.jpg

Mry3xhh.jpg

6C3laQM.jpg

FtwZPp4.jpg

saC3AoP.jpg

HRUM6Ql.jpeg

Sy9gdib.png

If you got this far, thanks for taking a look. 

• Like 8

I was having a lot of difficulty and head scratching trying to figure out why my changes to the M151A2 back seat (bench) weren't applying. The bench is a separate model and not part of the main vehicle but I finally found how the bench is "attached" to the main vehicle model.

Select the vehicle prefab you want to edit, in this case M151A2_EOV_4.et, then under Object Properties select SlotManagerComponent, from there you can choose your edited bench prefab by browsing Prefab, in this case I selected M151A2_bench_EOV_4.et. 

NKdmAk0.png

Uw3ILm9.png

Job done, just don't forget to save this prefab while your still in the World Editor. 

• Like 1

Fairly happy with these M151A2's.... 

OZtFKJE.jpg

N1YuY1U.jpg

jPxBaOV.jpg

1jjYoYM.jpg

• Like 2

First run of the UAZ469....

mYOkmXO.jpg

d9SFHCY.jpg

04AXPtU.jpg

• Like 2

For anyone who's retexturing/editing the UAZ469's canvas roof, don't make the same mistake I made trying to figure out why the UAZ469_Canvas.emat (which is present in the UAZ's data files) is not in fact linked to the base model and has nothing to do with the canvas roof.

To edit the canvas roof you need to open the UAZ469_Details.emat, once that's open select Materials 2 (MaskMap red channel) only then can you finally have some fun....:f:

Bbw3GVE.png

So far I've yet to find what exactly UAZ469_Canvas.emat is for other than a lil' BI red herring, answers on a postcard folks!  :headscratch:

yAWIjgZ.png

MhgvXo6.png

MVzOxXV.png

2ri6u76.png

qunKAxc.jpg

biIg6xb.png

PLm6A6J.jpg

• Like 2

jgNsDhe.jpg

cEh2lvp.jpg

• Like 2

Note to self, never mod an Early Access game....

Gh8nzX2.png   

Last update has split wheels, doors, roof frame, and roof canvas on the UAZ's, fair enough but all my work is trashed.

Similarly the work I put into the wheels of the M151A2's has been reverted back to their original textures. :icon18:

• Sad 1

Same feeling here...

I reckon I'm going to slow down a bit on Reforger, and focus on my older Arma 3 projects until the basics are in a more stable state.

• Like 1