PSYKO_nz

How do i stop the howling wind? all weather is set to o and it sounds like I'm in a hurricane

hi there, I'm hoping somebody can help me, I have tried everything I can think of and nothing is working

I am set up on the top of a hill overwatching an area, all weather conditions are set to zero, however in the position I'm in it sounds like a cyclone, its not only blowing hard but louder than every other sound in the game, its supposed to be a quiet overwatch and it sounds like I'm in the blow dryer stage of a car wash

how do I get rid of this wind or at least turn the volume down?

to be clear I want all the other sounds in the game so enableEnvironment [false, true]; won't work for me. those commands turn all the sounds off

I'm hoping someone here can help me, it's blowing my hair out!

15 minutes ago, PSYKO_nz said:

the position I'm in

What terrain

What coordinates

What mission

Tanoa

Rocky hills south east of the tanoa sugar factory

A mission I'm currently building 

OK, this is the wind sound you hear when in open terrain above 200M ASL (you don't hear it when under trees, etc.). Not sure if there is any way around it.

*edit* - Unfortunately, every discussion I have found regarding this was inconclusive.

Yes, unfortunately I found all the same dead ends 😞

It's annoying as all hell.

I live in a prety hilly/mountainy place and I regularly find my self up the top of them, and I can honestly say there's no point at which on a still day it sounds like your standing in a formula 1 wind tunnel when your at the top

I wouldn't mind it if the effect was at a more reasonable volume but it seems like to quote an old radio promo someone "turned it up to 11 and ripped off the knob"

On 9/10/2022 at 8:01 AM, PSYKO_nz said:

Yes, unfortunately I found all the same dead ends 😞

It's annoying as all hell.

I live in a prety hilly/mountainy place and I regularly find my self up the top of them, and I can honestly say there's no point at which on a still day it sounds like your standing in a formula 1 wind tunnel when your at the top

I wouldn't mind it if the effect was at a more reasonable volume but it seems like to quote an old radio promo someone "turned it up to 11 and ripped off the knob"

Make a feedback ticket I will add an option to enableEnvironment 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1