Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Gunner, HEAT, PC!

I searched and found nothing, this is weird, but here goes ...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1705180/Gunner_HEAT_PC/

Released on steam today. A unity engine game featuring "T72: Balkans on Fire" penetration physics mixed with War Thunder / Armored Warfare controls.

The roadmap promises lots of uneccessary bs before claiming to focus on essential stuff like Co-op.

Optimization is´nt mentioned at all, so don´t get your hopes up albeit it´d be dearly needed.

I was really looking forward to this one. But my 1st impressions aren´t reassuring.

Developer seems to be focusing on filler content that does´nt require work on core issues.

Sad to say, but the way it is now, you´d be better off playing the demo instead.

After all, i´m too wary to believe in another early access game. May refund and wait for real progress.

On 9/7/2022 at 1:09 AM, mr burns said:

mixed with War Thunder / Armored Warfare controls

Yeah, I've seen Mack review this and at ~5:45 he shows some unedited combat. To me, this kind of delayed, sight following cursor aiming system look horrific. Granted, I don't play <insert Russian FTP title> so maybe I don't get it but still, just why?

Regardless, I struggle to see what this would offer over Arma 3 tank combat, really.

Looks pretty good thanks for the heads up. I really, really dig games that have a detailed AAR with an X-ray account of what shot killed you as well as detailed ballistics report. One of my biggest gripes with Arma is how they took away the death screen which hovered over the guy that killed you -so now you could literally be jogging 10KM to the AO, get terminator one shotted and have no idea what just happened -not fun

I played the beta demo and now I bought it. It not too expensive so it is worth a try, the crew voices are really top notch.

There is a long way ahead of them, there are a lot of improvements they need to do, but i find the game really enjoyable. It is a small team so I give them my support and see how it evolves.

9 hours ago, Pintodown said:

I'm sure you know that there are plenty of mods available to enhance the Arma experience and give you more detailed information. You can find mods that will allow you to view a death screen when you're killed and also mods that will give you detailed ballistics information. If you're serious about wanting to get the most out of your Arma gaming experience, then I would highly recommend taking the time to explore these mods.

What mod gives that sort of damage breakdown for Tanks etc?