Sign in to follow this  
ciecato

Crew of a tank

Hi, i want to know if it is posible to have 5 memebers of crew of a tank. I mean if i make a normal tank i will have into it Gunner, Commander, Driver. But i want my tank must have 5 Crew members...

I wolud create two new types of crew like radio operator and loader, but i will be happy also if the 2 more crewmen are only a "forced cargo" or something like that.

For exaple when you satart a mission as defult these "two cargo" have to be into tank.

I know that this is possible when you prepare the mission, by setting the two more people "on board" and not "in fomation". But i want in the mission i have only an "object" the tank with the 5 soliers on.

I don't know if you undrestand what i need, i hope yes.

in the cpp make a new line in cfgvehicles :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

transportSoldier=1;

<span id='postcolor'>

this is for making one place more than the usual capacity of the vehicle.

But you have to load the soldier in mission it is not loaded by defaut.

Otherwise you have to make a new proxy inside the model.

Thanks PicVert... :-D

i know i can make the room for two trasported soldiers, and then load them on tank by scripting a mission or during a mossion...

but are you sure they can't be loaded by default?

Generally, u cant have more than 3 folks loaded by default for tank class and 2 for air class as bis had designed them folks for specific functions for the object class.

Good news is that Col klink has successful shown a way to load more than 3 folks by default by using a different proxy config text. i tried it and it works but i suspect those proxies does nothing other than being an object only and does not react in anyway to commands.

Try a search on past posts under proxies or Col Klink. It does work.