h34dup

S.O.G. Prairie Fire: Eyes and Ears [SP/CO05]

OFjhdUD.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2856874816

November, 1969. A 5-man SASR patrol is inserted into the fortified May Tao mountains to gather intel ahead of a full-scale operation by 6RAR/NZ. Put your mastery of jungle warfare to the test.

FEATURES

• A single player (co-op friendly up to 5 players) scenario designed to match the quality of the S.O.G. Prairie Fire co-op campaign!
  • Over a dozen detailed random sites, random patrols, VC tunnels, and more random elements for higher replayability - you will not experience everything this scenario has to offer in a single, or even two playthroughs!
  • Thousands of hand-placed props and set pieces you can only experience in this scenario for maximum immersion - from a thrilling helicopter insertion sequence to a dangerous emergency extraction!
  • Range of day/night play scenarios supported at your patrol's "laager" (the SASR equivalent of the SOG remain overnight site or RON), creep around at night or patrol by day!
  • Compatible with SOG AI (recommended for even deeper single player immersion), or optional AI revive script and player always leads scripts!
  • Dynamic Simulation and Show/Hide used for optimized CPU-friendly performance!

AUTHOR'S NOTES

• This is my fifth release for the S.O.G. Prairie Fire CDLC and the first since the jaw-dropping 1.2 update that added ANZAC and SASR units and equipment (among a host of others).
  • This scenario was created in collaboration with Johnnyboy, author of the excellent SOG AI addon that offers an improved experience for single player.
  • INTENDED FOR SINGLEPLAYER, should work in co-op for up to 5, NOT INTENDED FOR PUBLIC SERVER
  • Although I have a lot of learning to do, elements in this scenario are inspired and informed by historical sources related to the ANZACs and SASR/NZSAS in Vietnam, including books, film/documentary, internet articles, and historical insights graciously provided by members of the SOG PF discord's history channel.
  • This is a work of fiction, any resemblance to real people, units, or events is purely coincidental. Some elements in this scenario are entirely fabricated and are intended purely for entertainment purposes.
  • The author and this mission is not affiliated with Savage Game Design.
  • This is a beta release, some bugs may exist. Also, it's Arma, so there are bound to be things that will affect your playthrough. Reloading the mission can solve some issues. Please let me know if you run into any game-breaking bugs.
  • NOT RESPONSIBLE for any game-breaking bugs or issues playing with any addons in addition to the required ones listed here and I can't be held responsible if things don't work because of another modder's addon.
  • I'm interested to hear about your playthrough! If you enjoyed playing, please leave a comment, give a thumbs-up, or add it to your faves!

KNOWN ISSUES

• The intro sequence featuring helicopter insertion is not entirely stable - most frequent issues are either the helicopter rotates to obstruct your shot (for SP, just switch units), and the helicopter takes fire, pulls up and flys over the insertion LZ and takes a long time to insert. Sorry about these issues, try restarting or just be patient as the helicopter should eventually insert your patrol.
  • There are sometimes issues where the units will speak in an American or other accent and it breaks immersion - sorry about this as well, but it's due to the artful but different way Australian/NZ accents are included in the CDLC.
  • Some issues with switching units while in the laager and the action not carrying over - the actions are always removed when the full team exits the immediate area of the laager and the group leader (or switchable unit you have selected in running the player always group leader script) will get the action.
  • Can't figure out how to complete the primary objectives - read the damn briefing and refer to the attachments included in the briefing for more details!

CREDITS

• Thanks to FUBAR, Johnnyboy, and Kju for testing and providing feedback
  • Johnnyboy custom script solution for player detection by opfor and SOG AI testing
  • AIF_Infantrymen and Crazy Earl for reviewing dialog and briefing for cultural/historical tweaks
  • Veteran29 for sharing a quick fix to one of the modules
  • Savage Game Design
  • Uses Kronzky's UPS for some of the random patrols
  • Uses Grumpy Old Man's carpet bombing script
  • Uses pierreMGI's AI revive script (optional DO NOT run if you are running SOG AI)
  • Shout out to the SOG PF Discord and the helpful folks and vets there
  • BI forums and BI wiki as always
  • Post processing effects created using Recolor addon
  • Like 6

Hi Folks,

Hah - looking forward to getting some time to try this. You make some great missions there - sir. I can't get enough of SOG.

A-n-t-i-c-a-p-a-t-i-o-n...

ketchup-400x207.jpg

Regards,

Scott