The Real Bunc

Script access to selected player squad units

How does one go about getting an array containing units that have been selected from the players own squad.

Say I select team red and want to bring up a menu or action that will apply to the units I have selected.

Does Arma 3 have a variable or a command that gives access to the units a player has selected using the F keys?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That works as described but unfortunately I still have a problem.

What Im trying to do is give myself a menu with commands I can issue to teams within my squad.

I have a squad setup to my specification ( larger than normal), with pre set teams ( by Ini) and saved as a composition.

I can select by team using the team selection and then order say my left flank Team RED to Advance by selecting the Move option in the menu then Advance.

I can do this also with my left flank Team GREEN.

When I move myself forward my whole squad then moves as desired and the two flank teams who are in advance also move forward so the squad keeps the shape I have set using the move/advance menu commands.  This is exactly the behaviour I want to replicate further but with slightly more options and the possibility of giving say an Advance and Flank order by one menu selection.

Unfortunately having selected Team RED I am limited to only the menu options that are available and when I backspace out the selected Team RED units become unselected.

The main issue Im trying to solve frankly is how to shape my squad so that the units stay in the relative ( not absolute) position I have sent them to when I move and the whole squad moves forward. If I Issue a simple MOVE order too them they take up position but will simply stay in that position if I say move forward with teh squad. Should I open a separate discussion on this aspect perhaps?

You're describing the formation of the squad. I think you should look for a script that allows you to make your own formations.

Great mod BUT its a bit buggy for me, or Im not using it right. You can setup formations that move with you but Im finding that switching between formations is problematic as the interface just seems to then close. It shows it can be done though. Im going to persist for a little with that mod as it might be me not using it right I guess.