I have tried for a few weeks to get this answered in the discord but no one seems to know why this is happening or how to help me out. I am working on a map for Reforger/Arma 4. I am wanting to test it myself along with allowing others to test it to give me feedback on the map if it needs any changes done FPS wise etc. 

When I upload the map to the in-game Workshop it only shows my map as a 2.6MB File. The las time I tried to upload or update the map it was about the same file size, Might of changed by 1 or 2 megabytes but not much.

It's a fairly large map with a lot of trees and some buildings. I would expect it to be at least  a few hundred megabytes in size and not 2 to 3 Megabytes.

If this is not the right forum please point in the right direction.

Screenshot of the mod in the game and shows the file size:

Screenshot

OfficialMikeJ.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:22 AM, blackflagmedia said:

if you dont have errors uploading...

right click .terrain and reimport..

I will give that a shot and see if I can get it to work this time round.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:22 AM, blackflagmedia said:

if you dont have errors uploading...

right click .terrain and reimport..

I wasn't able to find an option to import whatever your talking about. Nothing when I right click shows reimport or anything on the .terrain file. Not sure what you mean exactly this is my frist map for Arma so I'm still new to this. Would need some more instructions how to fix this.

On 8/31/2022 at 2:11 AM, blackflagmedia said:

help.png

Was not able to get my map to updated in the workshop in terms of file size. still shows as 2.9mb in size. I reimported the terrain.terr file as you said to do but nothing seems to be working at the moment @blackflagmedia Not sure what is going on if it's a bug or if it's something I don't understand. I want to be able to play and test my map locally in the new zeus mode so I can see where I need to fix things or add/remove assets etc. Doesn't seem to allow me to see my map when I'm subscribed to my in the workshop in-game. 

If you can help me figure out why this is the case would be awesome.

Mike.

click on terrain tool, under "manage" click base change it to modified; click export heightmap... save to whatever..

now reimport heightmap using the "modified saved file" heightmap ".asc"

click generate normal map...

and reimport the satellite Map

this should fix's all issues.

On 9/2/2022 at 3:49 AM, OC OfficialMikeJTv said:

Was not able to get my map to updated in the workshop in terms of file size. still shows as 2.9mb in size.

Did you manage to get it sorted ? I had a file size issue first time I tried to upload. Was my layer structure within The World Editor. Everything seems to need to be in the default layer. I had rocks in layers called "rocks" and trees in layers called "trees" and this seemed to give me the same small upload size that you are experiencing. As soon as I dumped all into the default layer, all got uploaded. This was one of my issues anyway.

@zeotrope I just got back from being away for work so I will look at this later today after i'm done work. I was waiting for a fix hoping that BI would do something about this if it is indeed a bug or some sort of issue with the world editor. Thanks for the tip I will have to move all my map assets into the "Default" Layer and do a Upload test to see if the file size changes.

Mike.