QuiGon

AI helicopters 'hopping' when landing

The SPOTREP about the current Game Update 2.10 lists this item as fixed:

Fixed: Helicopters 'hopping' when landing due to telling AI to disembark

I have not encountered this issue ever before, even though I'm working on a helicopter intense mission over the past few weeks. Now since I have installed the 2.10 update yesterday, I suddenly do have this issue! Helicopters (even empty ones that are supposed to pick up AI units) suddenly come down too early and then hop up again and come down again a few meters away. This often causes the heliopters to crash into obstacles on their first drop down, which happens too early and not at the place where they are supposed to land.

So my question is now, why does this issue appear for me, since I installed the update that was supposed to fix it, even though it never appeared to me before? What's gone wrong here?

• Like 1

I've made a short video showing the issue:

This is with game version 2.10.149799. As you can see the 'helicopter hopping' issue has not been fixed, in fact, update 2.10 introduced the issue for me as I didn't had this issue before.
Also as you can see, there are no troops disembarking, but troops are embarking the choppers if that matters.

And another video, showing the issue for disembarking troops:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - that doesn't look good. I know helicopters always had a flare issue but that looks different. I've worked with helicopter assault scripts a bunch. Here's my attempt to make them better. Nothing I can think of will address the hopping though.

SCO Instant Air Assault Scripts

Regards,

Scott

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - that doesn't look good. I know helicopters always had a flare issue but that looks different. I've worked with helicopter assault scripts a bunch. Here's my attempt to make them better. Nothing I can think of will address the hopping though.

SCO Instant Air Assault Scripts

Regards,

Scott

I would rather see this issue fixed than working around it with custom scripts. It worked totally fine untill 3 days ago, when I updated to 2.10. Only then the hopping started...

Hmm, have I put this report in the correct place? I'm not really familiar with bug reporting for ArmA.

Unfortunately, I also noticed this. Hopping has started or increased clearly in missions that I've played dozens of times. Should be tested without mods, but I use very few so I am sure it is a vanilla problem.

Yes, this is a new issue, but it also appears the AI helos in general are behaving different.  Even before I noticed the bouncing thing I had noticed they seemed to be flying weirdly, like more jerky than even normal for the AI.