domcho

BUG: Trigger owner for grouped unit in missions outside the editor

Triggers that have a trigger owner with activation "Whole Group"/"Group Leader"/"Any Group Member" don't work properly outside the editor. Try this:

Place a group consisting of 3 or more units. Set the 2nd highest ranking unit to be the player (you'll have to kill the squad leader and take command). Create 3 triggers and set the group leader to be the trigger owner.

First trigger:

Trigger name: Trig1

Activation: Whole Group, Present

On activation: player sideChat "Trig1 - Whole Group";

Second trigger:

Trigger name: Trig2

Activation: Group Leader, Present

On activation: player sideChat "Trig2 - Group Leader";

Third trigger:

Trigger name: Trig3

Activation Any Group Member, Present

On Activation: player sideChat "Trig3 - Any Group Member";

Start the mission, kill the group leader, when you take command move into the trigger zones. The triggers will work properly even though the trigger owner is dead. Trigger ownership transferred from dead unit to another squad member properly.

Now go back in the editor, export the mission to Singleplayer, open it from there and try the same thing again - the triggers will not fire. Trigger ownership did not transfer at all.

You can further test this using the triggerAttachedVehicle command. Give the group leader a variable name. For example "a1". Place 4 triggers. You can make them repeatable if you want.

First trigger:

Trigger text: trig1 owner
Activation: Radio Alpha
On activation: hint (str (triggerAttachedVehicle trig1));

Second trigger:

Trigger text: trig2 owner
Activation: Radio Bravo
On activation: hint (str (triggerAttachedVehicle trig2));

Third trigger:

Trigger text: trig3 owner
Activation: Radio Charlie
On activation: hint (str (triggerAttachedVehicle trig3));

Fourth trigger:

Trigger text: trig4 owner
Activation: Radio Delta
On activation: hint (str (triggerAttachedVehicle trig4));

Also create another trigger, name it trig4, set the trigger owner to the group leader and set activation to "Owner Only". When you test this in the editor, only trig4 should show you the name of the unit - a1. The other 3 triggers should display <NULL-object>. Export the mission to Singleplayer (restart ArmA 3 before doing that if the mission is loaded into memory or it will not be overwritten properly, i.e. the .pbo file won't be deleted / overwritten). Now when you (re)start the mission in singleplayer, run the radio triggers - all of them will show a1 as the owner of the triggers. Even if the unit is dead it will still show a1 and the triggers won't work. This is also the case for multiplayer exported missions.

Yep. probable bug.

I just tested the "Any group member" for a group of 3 infantry units, no need to kill anyone. 🙂

pboed or not, mission.sqm are same, but in preview that works. On the contrary, if you export as SP or MP then load the mission that fails.

Well, I run in debug console (or via other trigger):

triggerActivation ((allMissionObjects "emptydetector")#0)

returns ["MEMBER","PRESENT",true]  (as stated in mission.sqm) in preview

but

returns ["VEHICLE","PRESENT",true] !!!!  in SP or MP session (pboed, with same mission.sqm as preview!)

NOTE: for a reason I don't know (or remember...) the debug console doesn't work in SP scenario (I enabled it for everyone in editor for this mission). Not sure it was the case before 2.10. I had to add a trigger hinting this trigger activation

So... you should report here.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Yep. probable bug.

I just tested the "Any group member" for a group of 3 infantry units, no need to kill anyone. 🙂

pboed or not, mission.sqm are same, but in preview that works. On the contrary, if you export as SP or MP then load the mission that fails.

Well, I run in debug console (or via other trigger):

triggerActivation ((allMissionObjects "emptydetector")#0)

returns ["MEMBER","PRESENT",true]  (as stated in mission.sqm) in preview

but

returns ["VEHICLE","PRESENT",true] !!!!  in SP or MP session (pboed, with same mission.sqm as preview!)

NOTE: for a reason I don't know (or remember...) the debug console doesn't work in SP scenario (I enabled it for everyone in editor for this mission). Not sure it was the case before 2.10. I had to add a trigger hinting this trigger activation

So... you should report here.

Thank you. I made a post.

• Like 1