Hello,

Here is a request for more hints about work drive, very poorly documented.

I didn't find a complete topic or tutorial about P drive, or more recently what BI call a work drive. I read a lot of posts about issues when trying to mount this drive, but, no line about the interest for that.

As I'm not fond of unexplained tools, I never mounted this work drive til yet, and my addons were fine so far. But I recently discover ( @Larrow point me the right direction) that such (working) drive could avoid unwanted error, especially for path references like:

#include "\a3\3DEN\UI\macros.inc"

Such line works in due work environment (so P:), but there is no chance to pbo an addon, with such reference to absolute path, if you are working from some folders in one of your disks.

In other words, such path must be consistent where you are working and P drive seems to be your friend... if correctly mounted!

So, IMHO, there is a need for a tuto browsing these different points:
- why mounting a work drive? (and what is it exactly?)
- does it cost a large space on my disk? (does it duplicates numerous files?)
- How to do that? Really, the Arma 3 tools is not fair with explanation! You can click on "Mount the project drive".. and you get an empty P drive... or click on "Project drive Management"... for roughly the same thing! And good luck
- So what? I have an empty P drive (with more or less 80 Go used!, by what?)
- I'm not on buldozer, just because I don't want to mod an object or a map, just an addon for example, So what is the next step with my empty drive?? (I placed my completed addon inside P: and there is no difference between P: and my former folder on E:) So, the consistency for pboing an addon, with absolute paths like I wrote, stays hypothetical at this stage.

- and last question, btw, how to dismount a P drive? There are not so much explanation once again. The is no real "dismount" tool, just some hints about:  WorkDrive.exe /Dismount ... Good luck if you don't have any clue for running that. If I'm right, you can run that on windows power shell or a "command line"... if you know how to reach this executable of course! (under program files (x86)\Steam\...  did you succeed in pointing at  such path?)

Have fun with Arma (even wasting time with tools)