Mister GTX

Arma 3 ORBAT cannot load texture

Hello,

I'm working on a few spin off mission from the East Wind Campaign and in order to recreate the first mission I created a similar ORBAT view. My only problem is that I cannot load the TF Aegis Helmet into the ORBAT Viewer. The file I am using is the original .paa file extracted from the img folder of the main campaign, and in the Text2View Editor it can be viewed properly.

In the following Code example you can see that under "texture" i've added the .paa file which is in the same folder as the mission.sqm file. Furthermore the insignia "Aegis_background.paa" works perfectly fine ...

class CfgOrbat
{
	class TFAegis
	{
		id = 1;
		idType = 0;
		side = "West";
		size = "Size1";
		type = "HQ";
		insignia = "Aegis_background.paa";
		colorInsignia[] = {0,0,1,1};
		commander = "MacKinnon";
		commanderRank = "Colonel";
		text = "Task Force Aegis";
		textShort = "TF Aegis";
		texture = "Aegis_icon.paa";
		color[] = {0,1,1,1};
		description = "A US-led joint NATO-AAF peacekeeping force stationed on Stratis, with a strictly limited mandate and combat capacity.";		
	};
};

Perhaps a lazy question, but have you checked how exactly the image is referenced in the campaign files (eg copy+pasted the cfgORBAT from the mission inside the campaign PBO)?

Side note: you can skip the image rip by directly referring to the image inside of A3 game files. Here I just refer to an icon:

texture = "\A3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\respawn_plane_ca.paa";