@G'day @johnnyboy,

Thanks for the quick reply. Ill check out ACE without Medical when I get a chance.

Thanks for your hard work.

• Like 1

SOG AI updated again.  Now has numeric menu equivalent to radial menu, which enables faster commanding if you memorize the keys.  And it also enables easy configuration with Voice Attack app.

Change Log:

Spoiler

v1.13
======================================
- Add radio support action to player
- Replace all bis fnc Title commands chats, so title text doesn't overlap and obscure mission and campaign text.
- Added key driven menu equivalent to radial wheel menu.  This allows memorization of key presses for quicker commanding 
without having to mouse around the radial menu.  It also enables easy Voice Attack configuration so you 
can now command your team using your voice.
- Added CBA key so you can bind the new command menu to any key.  Default key set is 'T' key

Thanks to mfrisch100 for numeric menu suggestion and trainmac for Voice Attack suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Voice attack sounds awesome. Used something similar years ago and really liked it but this combined with your mod looks doubly goods. Question can the “ add new squad” be removed from the action menu configured somewhere else ? Maybe you already done just getting back into Arma again

51 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Question can the “ add new squad” be removed from the action menu configured somewhere else ?

I'm not sure what you are asking.  At mission start, if the player already has AI in his squad, or the mission is flagged as AI will join his squad later (like HeadUp's Romp in the Swamp), then there is no action added to spawn a group.  But if the player has no AI, then he has an action to spawn a group.  I don't know why you wouldn't want this action...?

• Like 1

O ... M ... F ... G ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOG AI is like the best acid. Every time you think you've hit the peak you discover that there's more to come ...

Thank you for what you do johnnyboy 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, maqim said:

SOG AI is like the best acid. Every time you think you've hit the peak you discover that there's more to come ...

Hahaha, you bloody Gold Coast diggers crack me up!  🙂

Thanks mate!

• Haha 1

I just tried SOG AI on Old Man and spawned a Anzac team and Chinese CSAT immediately opened up on us and called in QRFs, including gendarmes, and I lasted about 4 minutes lol. Here's a Chinese CSAT stripping my body while a quisling gendarme beats my buddy to death with a hammer in the background, lol.

OldMan.jpg

It would def be cool to get SOG AI working here, as the firefights with Old Man QRF systems would be great I think.  But I see lots of complications already, and I've never played very far in Old Man, so don't know what other complications I'll run into.  Foreseeable issues so far:

• Need AI to be Tanoa 2035 compatible (that's easy).
  • Need to spawn without weapons, as East friendly to West until you have a weapon.  This will prevent enemy hosing team immediately like happened to me above.
  • So I probably need to stash their weapons in player vehicle.
  • Some tasks require you to give NPC a ride, so that takes up a vehicle spot.  If you're driving a jeep, then you can only have 2 other AI on board.  So do I not allow jeeps so you can have more AI?  Player + 4 AI + 1 NPC would fit in an offroad.  Or do I spawn a max of 2 AI buddies?

Questions:

• Does player ever have to transport more than 1 NPC in Old Man?
  • Do NPCs ever join player's squad in Old Man?
  • Are there Incognito missions in Old Man where he is carrying a weapon but hasn't pulled it out yet?
  • Are there complicated building clearing mission in Old Man that will confound AI?
  • Can you think of other Old Man scenarios that can screw up commanding a SOG AI team?
  • Any suggestions?

• Like 2

Just updated SOG AI with these changes:

- Fixed "Disembark" issue where after AI exited a vehicle, they wanted to follow that vehicle even when ordered not to.
- Now compatible with Pandemic's Welcome To the Border campaign. (requested by TheLazyDugong31 )
- Now compatible with Forgotten Few 2 dynamic mission (tested on Cam Lao Nam and Altis). (requested by Samio and Billy Bones)

• Like 3

On 2/9/2023 at 6:38 AM, johnnyboy said:

I just tried SOG AI on Old Man and spawned a Anzac team and Chinese CSAT immediately opened up on us and called in QRFs, including gendarmes, and I lasted about 4 minutes lol. Here's a Chinese CSAT stripping my body while a quisling gendarme beats my buddy to death with a hammer in the background, lol.

OldMan.jpg

It would def be cool to get SOG AI working here, as the firefights with Old Man QRF systems would be great I think.  But I see lots of complications already, and I've never played very far in Old Man, so don't know what other complications I'll run into.  Foreseeable issues so far:

• Need AI to be Tanoa 2035 compatible (that's easy).
  • Need to spawn without weapons, as East friendly to West until you have a weapon.  This will prevent enemy hosing team immediately like happened to me above.
  • So I probably need to stash their weapons in player vehicle.
  • Some tasks require you to give NPC a ride, so that takes up a vehicle spot.  If you're driving a jeep, then you can only have 2 other AI on board.  So do I not allow jeeps so you can have more AI?  Player + 4 AI + 1 NPC would fit in an offroad.  Or do I spawn a max of 2 AI buddies?

Questions:

• Does player ever have to transport more than 1 NPC in Old Man?
  • Do NPCs ever join player's squad in Old Man?
  • Are there Incognito missions in Old Man where he is carrying a weapon but hasn't pulled it out yet?
  • Are there complicated building clearing mission in Old Man that will confound AI?
  • Can you think of other Old Man scenarios that can screw up commanding a SOG AI team?
  • Any suggestions?

I'm in a similar position as you - I've never played that far into Old Man. Great map and concept but not executed particularly well, IMHO. Especially when you think about all the community created stuff like Antistasi, DRO, Forgotten Few, etc.

Let me put it this way: Anywhere you are able to get SOG AI working is a huge bonus to the SP community. HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGE!!!!!!!!!!! And Old Man would be improved out of sight by that. But it sounds like a helluva lot of work 😬

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 1:08 PM, johnnyboy said:

Just updated SOG AI with these changes:

- Fixed "Disembark" issue where after AI exited a vehicle, they wanted to follow that vehicle even when ordered not to.
- Now compatible with Pandemic's Welcome To the Border campaign. (requested by TheLazyDugong31 )
- Now compatible with Forgotten Few 2 dynamic mission (tested on Cam Lao Nam and Altis). (requested by Samio and Billy Bones)

Heya johnnyboy!  Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was really hoping that you'd make SOG AI compatible with "Welcome To The Border" but didn't want to bug you since you're so obviously busy improving the SP experience in so many ways.

Big thanks to TheLazyDugong31 for requesting it and to you for implementing it 👍

Seriously ... thanks, man! A dream come true 🤩

And Forgotten Few 2!!!!!!!!!!! This is another one of those awesome mods that's let down by BI's AI. Not any more!!!

SOG AI - the gift that keeps on giving 👍😎👍

• Thanks 1

Hey there, got a strange bug, every time i die, i can't do anything, not even access the menu to quit the game and have to alt F4, here is a screenshot of the error seems to be respawn related :

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

29 minutes ago, rafy77 said:

Hey there, got a strange bug, every time i die, i can't do anything, not even access the menu to quit the game and have to alt F4, here is a screenshot of the error seems to be respawn related :

I've encountered that error in the past and believe its quite rare.  I've looked at that BI function and it looks to me there is a rare case of some BI respawn related variable not getting populated somehow.  I think it happens if player is somehow killed bypassing my damage eventhandlers, thus bypassing my clean mission endings.

Thanks for the screenshot, knowing exact error message is the best way to communicate a bug to me.

A few questions:

• What scenario was this in?
  • Was your AI team all dead or incapacitated, so player only effective unit when this occurred?
  • Do you have the .rpt file and can upload a link to it so I can see what happened before the error occurred?

15 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I've encountered that error in the past and believe its quite rare.  I've looked at that BI function and it looks to me there is a rare case of some BI respawn related variable not getting populated somehow.  I think it happens if player is somehow killed bypassing my damage eventhandlers, thus bypassing my clean mission endings.

Thanks for the screenshot, knowing exact error message is the best way to communicate a bug to me.

A few questions:

• What scenario was this in?
  • Was your AI team all dead or incapacitated, so player only effective unit when this occurred?
  • Do you have the .rpt file and can upload a link to it so I can see what happened before the error occurred?

Hey, it wasn't a scenario, just wanted to shoot things in the editor, i didn't have any friendly AI.

I don't know what is and where to find .rpt but i just spawned one BLU and two REDFOR, and either i would get incapacitated and the bug came at the end of the timer, or if i was instant dead, immediately. Also tried a dogfight, and happened immediately when i got shot by a missile.

7 hours ago, rafy77 said:

Hey, it wasn't a scenario, just wanted to shoot things in the editor, i didn't have any friendly AI.

I don't know what is and where to find .rpt but i just spawned one BLU and two REDFOR, and either i would get incapacitated and the bug came at the end of the timer, or if i was instant dead, immediately. Also tried a dogfight, and happened immediately when i got shot by a missile.

Those are good details for me to recreate the problem.  Thanks.

But note there is no reason to be running SOG AI mod if you don't intend to have AI on your squad.

You're right, and it's logic

But from a "user" point of view, it's quicker and easier to load your Vietnam modset without caring about that. Sometimes i boot the game just to fly, sometimes to play scenarios with AI, sometimes just to make big battles in Editor/Zeus.

Anyway hope it will be fixed and i helped you !

4 minutes ago, rafy77 said:

Anyway hope it will be fixed and i helped you !

Thanks, I think you did help, and I have an idea to fix it.  😀  Might not get to it for awhile though.

• Like 1

My SOG AI mod was just updated to work for Western Sahara DLC. This makes squad control easier and more effective. This is just for SP right now. In MP, the Extraction mission will spawn you a team, but the Fast Travel parachuting will leave your team behind (so that needs to be fixed). The other MP missions currently allow spawning in Vietnam teams, so that needs to be fixed to allow picking Western Sahara ION and UN groups. But SP works great, so get on in there. 7$ for that DLC seems like quite a steal.

Here's a demo of SOG AI in Western Sahara:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBAOplus said:

Hi, can I use this mod without SOG PF CDLC?

No, it requires PF.   But PF is worth getting IMO for the tons of high quality units, weapons, vehicles, missions,etc.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

No, it requires PF.   But PF is worth getting IMO for the tons of high quality units, weapons, vehicles, missions,etc.

As critical as I am i really gotta agree on this one -PF really was nicely done EXCEPT the exclusion of the Singleplayer - but thankfully JohnnyBoys SOG takes care of that and then some

• Like 2

SOG AI just updated so you can play the Western Sahara MP missions solo using SOG AI. Just start a LAN and choose Extraction, Last Stand or King of the Dunes missions. After mission start, a "Spawn AI Squad " action will appear allowing you to pick the group you want to play for this mission (ION, UN, or SFIA).

This adds more replay-ability and makes it easy to try the other great factions and weapons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm running out of superlatives, johnnyboy ... I clearly need to improve my vocabulary to the same extent to which you have improved the SP experience.

I've got a long way to go ...

Thanks again, man 🙏

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

SOG AI just updated so you can play the Western Sahara MP missions solo using SOG AI. Just start a LAN and choose Extraction, Last Stand or King of the Dunes missions. After mission start, a "Spawn AI Squad " action will appear allowing you to pick the group you want to play for this mission (ION, UN, or SFIA).

This adds more replay-ability and makes it easy to try the other great factions and weapons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SOG AI just updated to Version 1.19:
- Fixed bug where those units that joined player later in Western Sahara Extraction mission were not obeying Leapfrog command.  Thanks to PandabaconVR for reporting.
- Fixed AI team not fast traveling (parachuting) in SP Western Sahara Extraction.
- If player using sights or scope, he won't give spotted hand signal when spotting new enemies. This prevents hand signal from interfering with aiming.  Good suggestion from DefaultFace.
- Removed spawning of Punji traps in East Wind campaign.
- Tuned Stealth mode so AI with suppressed weapons more likely to hold fire longer.

• Like 5

SOG AI mod just updated to support GM missions, including Force Recon scenarios. :uzi:

• Like 4