I'm just too good to you kids.   💣+🐟 = 🙂 

This is also included in latest release.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Very thoughtful & well implemented grenade / water fixes.  As for the fishies, wow that was quite the fish geocide.  john avatar strollin + bridge + a few too many == nade happiness 💥 💥 💥

You're on a roll man, keep it going!  It's kind of amazing that grenades never got any special treatment for water in vanilla, after all these years & sequels.

As usual ... just when you thought it couldn't get any better ... a problem you'd never even considered is fixed ...

johnnyboy to the rescue 😊

• Like 1

SOG AI version 1.8 released!  🙂

Change Log:

Spoiler

- Adds more aggressive grenade usage and smoke when Breaking Contact (leapfrog away from enemies). May also plant an explosive while retreating.
- Adds more aggressive grenade usage during Attacks (leapfrog toward enemies).
- Adds Persistent Napalm FX (credit to Snafu for more cool burnt tree and ember objects and greater MP compatibility, and SirBassi for MP compatibility changes and support for Unsung napalm bombs). Replaced Alias fire fx with my own.
- Helicopter boarding actions now support some Unsung helis plus vanilla Ghosthawk and Hummingbird (credit to Snafu!).
- Adjusted enemy awareness level so that team remains in Stealth only-suppressed-weapons-fire mode longer.
- Fixed issue where Wheel menu not restored when resuming a saved game.
- Hopefully fixed infrequent game freeze problem on player death.

This version includes Persistent Napalm Damage FX!

Persistent-Napalm-FX.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Version 1.9 Released:

- Apex Protocol campaign now playable with SOG AI.
- Fixed bug where tailgunner cheered before his placed mine exploded.

SOG AI ain't just for 'Nam!  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

SOG AI ain't just for 'Nam!

Been waiting for this .... GJ johnnyboy !!

EDIT:  Damn still needs the Nam DLC 😞

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kremator said:

EDIT:  Damn still needs the Nam DLC 😞

Yeah, sorry dude, didn't mean to mislead you.   I need it for the radial wheel menu, and many other dependencies.  I think the DLC is on sale right now for -33%.  It truly is my favorite ARMA content ever made...

G'day @johnnyboy,

Gave this a test over the last couple of days in missions I've created with my own selection of units and I am very pleased with the way they work with the Menu. Not sure if its your AI improvement or the SOG AI improvement, but I also noticed a greater use of frags when the enemy closed to throwing range.

One thing I did notice, was if you throw a grenade into water using the ACE Grenade throwing menu, the grenade continues to skid along the bottom and explode a distance further away. 

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

59 minutes ago, wansec_6 said:

G'day @johnnyboy,

G'day mate!

1 hour ago, wansec_6 said:

Gave this a test over the last couple of days in missions I've created with my own selection of units and I am very pleased with the way they work with the Menu. Not sure if its your AI improvement or the SOG AI improvement, but I also noticed a greater use of frags when the enemy closed to throwing range.

I'm glad you like it.  Yes SOG AI has increased their grenade usage during Leapfrog movement.  Should make them more deadly while attacking or retreating (Break Contact!!!).

1 hour ago, wansec_6 said:

One thing I did notice, was if you throw a grenade into water using the ACE Grenade throwing menu, the grenade continues to skid along the bottom and explode a distance further away. 

I'm not an ACE user, but I've seen videos of the ACE ability to scale how far to throw.  I'm guessing they are scripting the throw with a forced throw animation and a spawned grenade, which my scripts will not detect.  I am detecting grenades thrown vanilla style which fires the Fired EventHandler where I then detect the grenade.  So if use ACE then you will have the issue you reported.

I'm glad you are using SOG AI and thanks for taking the time to comment.

Have relented and bought Prairie Fire 🙂  THAT'S the power of your coding !

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kremator said:

Have relented and bought Prairie Fire 🙂  THAT'S the power of your coding !

Hah!  I think you will really like it.  Try any of the PF campaign missions except Spindown (it has helicopter landing issues) and Black Spear (SOG AI no good for underwater UDT missions).  I also highly recommend Fubar's Recondo missions and HeadUp's Eyes and Ears mission.  And Bardosy's missions are also good for SOG AI.

Happy new year buddy!  May SOG AI help you bring in 2023!

• Like 2

Hello Johnnyboy,

Been following your AI mod for a while now..  Great coding here for sure.  Any chance you can make your unique mod compatible with The Forgotten Few 2 scenarios (there's also a Prairie Fire scenario in KingN's fantastic series)?  The team AI likes to get fixated on targets that can't see our AI, and you know how that goes.  So much for quick hit and runs when that happens.  I know it's a lot of work but I can throw in a donation to you for your time if you like!   

If not, I understand of course!  Takes a lot of time and work.  Beggars can't be choosers on my end *haha* Either way, keep up the great work brother.

38 minutes ago, Delta 5-1 said:

Hello Johnnyboy,

Been following your AI mod for a while now..  Great coding here for sure.  Any chance you can make your unique mod compatible with The Forgotten Few 2 scenarios (there's also a Prairie Fire scenario in KingN's fantastic series)?  The team AI likes to get fixated on targets that can't see our AI, and you know how that goes.  So much for quick hit and runs when that happens.  I know it's a lot of work but I can throw in a donation to you for your time if you like!   

If not, I understand of course!  Takes a lot of time and work.  Beggars can't be choosers on my end *haha* Either way, keep up the great work brother.

Hey Delta, I appreciate the interest.  I'm not familiar with FF, so just looked on steam and see quite a few by Igrik and KingN.  Which are most recent and/or most used?  I'll try and take a look, but no promises.  I have a backlog of tasks for sog ai already.

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Hey Delta, I appreciate the interest.  I'm not familiar with FF, so just looked on steam and see quite a few by Igrik and KingN.  Which are most recent and/or most used?  I'll try and take a look, but no promises.  I have a backlog of tasks for sog ai already.

You're a good man.  Yes Sir, KingN's the author.  I'll link the thread to help.  He's got a great SOG version. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2794629357

I'll send a donation for even considering it, DM me with details if you feel inclined to do so, and thanks man.

• Thanks 1

All of a sudden I'm running into an issue where I get an error message during initialization about "multiple gesture modules found" and it causes issues with the radial wheel not functioning - it opens, however, nothing happens when a gesture selected. 

EDIT:  BTW. I have deleted the mod and reinstalled several times, to no avail.

Any idea?

Thanks! 

DrDetroit

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

All of a sudden I'm running into an issue where I get an error message during initialization about "multiple gesture modules found" and it causes issues with the radial wheel not functioning - it opens, however, nothing happens when a gesture selected. 

That sucks, sorry this happening to you.

I have seen the  "multiple gesture modules found" message at start, but its a warning and does not harm anything (this came as a byproduct of last release when I fixed gesture module being restored when resuming a saved game).

To verify I don't see the problem, I just started a SP mission, Eldest Son Campaign mission, and a Fubar Grass Feeder mission using steam version of SOG AI, and the wheel menu worked perfectly for all 3.

Do you have other mods running?

What mission is this happening on?  Just one or any?

Are you getting the error below in your .rpt log?

Once I saw the following error and the Wheel Menu stopped functioning, but it did not re-occur.  After looking at Savage's fn_wm_EH_MouseUp.sqf I couldn't figure it out, but it made me think there might be some sort of timing issue with Prairie Fire module initialization and SOG AI initialization.

private _fnc = missionNameSpace getVariable [_fnc_name,{}];
if(_fnc isEq>
20:35:18   Error position: <getVariable [_fnc_name,{}];
if(_fnc isEq>
20:35:18   Error Type Any, expected String
20:35:18 File vn\ui_f_vietnam_c\ui\wheelmenu\functions\fn_wm_EH_MouseBUp.sqf..., line 30

6 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

That sucks, sorry this happening to you.

I have seen the  "multiple gesture modules found" message at start, but its a warning and does not harm anything (this came as a byproduct of last release when I fixed gesture module being restored when resuming a saved game).

To verify I don't see the problem, I just started a SP mission, Eldest Son Campaign mission, and a Fubar Grass Feeder mission using steam version of SOG AI, and the wheel menu worked perfectly for all 3.

Do you have other mods running?

What mission is this happening on?  Just one or any?

Are you getting the error below in your .rpt log?

I primarily run Alive, SOG PF and Lambs (with it turned off for AI squad), run on LAN, which is the exact same as when it was working before latest update.  Missions I run are Alive persistent campaigns for SOG PF.

I'll check the rpt next time I try to run it.  I figured it's just me as I haven't seen any other reported issues as such.  

• Like 1

Teaser for soon-to-be-released new features for SOG AI. 😀

Spoiler

1melee.jpg

2melee.jpg

3melee.jpg

4melee.jpg

• Like 6

SOG AI was just updated with better Stealth immersion, punji mace traps spawned in the AO, melee attacks, and enemy crater assaults...Banzai!  New features shown in these vids:

Spoiler

spotted.webp

• Like 6

Quality entertainment JB. :rthumb:

Thanks for continuing to add to this already feature rich and essential mod.

• Thanks 1

SOG AI mod updated today.

Change Log:

Spoiler

V1.11 Changes
====================
- SOG AI Melee is toggled off if WebKnight's Melee mod is present (thank merkkin on reddit) 
- Added CBA option to define how many times AI teammates can be revived. (thank bendy)  
- Added CBA option to toggle off SOG AI Melee feature (requested by mfrisch100)
- Added CBA option to add Hate's Digital Camera to player inventory if Hate's camera mod is loaded.
- Added CBA Option to spawn Virtual Arsenal box when spawning team for non-SOG missions missions.
- Fixed bug where hand signal icon at top of screen would overlap previous icon (thank chak231)
- Added suppressors to player team for Apex Protocol missions (thank bendy)

Short vids explaining features added:

• Like 3

G'day @johnnyboy,

I've been playing with SOG AI Activated and I love what it has done for the game. I can now survive and win a prolonged firefight against several enemy squads in a single player game with AI team mates.

I play with ACE and one issue I have noted is that when I take hits, none of them are recorded by the ACE Medical system. I can heal myself with the ACE Personal AId Kit, but no injuries are displayed on the ACE Medical Menu interface.

Does SOG AI utilise the Vanilla Medical system and ignore the ACE Medical System?

If I recall correctly, you've stated you don't play with ACE, but would it take much to implement an ACE compat in SOG AI like you have with Webknights Melee System?

Just tossing the idea out there for consideration.

Thank you and keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next addition to SOG AI.

1 minute ago, wansec_6 said:

Does SOG AI utilise the Vanilla Medical system and ignore the ACE Medical System?

G'day wansec.  People that use SOG AI with ACE disable ACE medical.  I'm told there are multiple ACE mods without the medical system (filter to "ACE no medical" in steam).  I really know nothing about how ACE works.  My mod relies on AI revive where instead of killing player or his squad mates outright they are rendered incapacitated, and have a chance of AI or player reviving them.  I currently have no plans in researching ACE compatibility.  But if someone spelled out some exact simple solution for me I would consider it.

Thanks for your interest in SOG AI mate.