Sign in to follow this  
polarbear416

AI Navmesh versus entities placed on the map

I can see that AI's are often getting stuck on objects I place on the map. For example, if I put down a sandbag barrier the AI's will get stuck trying to cross it. I guess it isn't in their navmesh?

Is there a solution? Some way the navmesh can be updated when an object is placed down? I put a sandbag barrier and MG next to a choke point in a scenario. Once the MG's dead the other faction AI's can't get through the choke point because they get stuck trying to cross the sandbag. They don't figure out to step over it or go around.

Anyone have a solution?

And as a bug report / feature request - I feel like the AI's should not keep trying a path that isn't working. If a path forward doesn't work they should back up and try a different way. That would also effectively get them around these obstacles, maybe not in the most graceful way, but then they wouldn't just come to a stop forever.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:05 AM, haleks said:

BI updated the wiki with this recently : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Reforger:Navmesh_Tutorial

Thanks, that seems to be what I need! I was able to get it to work by regenerating the whole navmesh, which takes a long time and generates a huge file, but it works.

I tried a few times to generate a small part of the map, but it's confusing and I wasn't able to do that. I just need one area probably 200 meters square on the map. Especially if I upload it, it becomes huge with the whole navmesh.

But it looks like the Regen one tile only works AFTER you regen the whole map? Which means you need to provide the whole large file in the mission?

Or am I missing something?