scottb613

ALiVE SOG Prairie Fire Compositions - Classnames?

Hi Folks,

Familiar with setting up ALiVE - I have the aforementioned MOD listed in the title - loaded - where is the list of actual CLASSNAMES or FACTION NAMES to use with this mod and plugin to the ALiVE modules?

Thanks.

Regards,
Scott

Unit/vehicle/object classnames are available in the editor (right click > log > log classes to clipboard). Faction names can be pulled from the config viewer in CfgFactionClasses, by opening a unit in config viewer and checking the "faction" line, or by simply placing 

hint faction this;

in a unit's init field.

7 hours ago, Harzach said:

Unit/vehicle/object classnames are available in the editor (right click > log > log classes to clipboard). Faction names can be pulled from the config viewerh in CfgFactionClasses, by opening a unit in config viewer and checking the "faction" line, or by simply placing 

hint faction this;

in a unit's init field.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the response.

Regards,
Scott

8 hours ago, Harzach said:

Unit/vehicle/object classnames are available in the editor (right click > log > log classes to clipboard). Faction names can be pulled from the config viewerh in CfgFactionClasses, by opening a unit in config viewer and checking the "faction" line, or by simply placing 

hint faction this;

in a unit's init field.

Hi Folks,

I must be doing something wrong - I don't see any indication where "ALiVE SOG Prairie Fire Compositions" changes anything.

I plug in the FACTION names into the ALiVE modules - just as I always do - and all I get are vanilla assets.

I know ALiVE requires something special - as FACTIONS always need to be made compatible to work with ALiVE.

Nothing new is on the ALiVE WIKI regarding SOG. I don't think the pages are kept up to date any longer.

ALiVE Supported Factions

SOG Civilians: "C_VIET"

SOG VC: "O_VC"

SOG MACV: "B_MACV"

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Regards,
Scott

14 hours ago, scottb613 said:

I don't see any indication where "ALiVE SOG Prairie Fire Compositions" changes anything.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. It doesn't change anything, it adds compositions for use by mission creators. It also is supposed to work with ALiVE in that they spawn when placement modules are used. I haven't tested this, as I don't have this mod.

14 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Nothing new is on the ALiVE WIKI regarding SOG

ALiVE was updated with SOG support on May 6, 2021.

The faction classes seem to work fine for me.

That's probably because you are using cfgFactionClasses which are name classes (and flags), instead of classes sorting groups in cfgGroups.

That's something I explained here for my modules. Click on SPAWN GROUP ATTACK then read "parameters of module".

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

cfgGroups

Ah, yeah. All of those have a prefix of VN_

Civilian:

VN_VIET

East:

VN_PAVN
VN_PL

VN_VC

Indep:

VN_ARVN

VN_RLA

West:
VN_AUS

VN_MACV

VN_NZ

VN_ROK

Odd that the placement modules were working with the "wrong" classes, though.

Hi Folks,

Thanks so much.

Sorry - I misunderstood the compositions thinking it was FACTIONS - there wasn’t much of a description on the Steam page and some of the comments were alluding to FACTIONS.

I’m eagerly looking forward to trying this - been MIA for a number of years but I’ve always loved ALiVE. The SOG DLC pulled me back in.

Regards,

Scott