Sign in to follow this  
jmbo

How do I get allGroups for sideLogic?

Hey,

we had an issue during our last mission on Sunday where our server was quite laggy. I checked the server's log and found this line over 4000 times throughout the entire session:

Tried to create group while group limit is reached on side Game Logic

I was not on the server on Sunday and have been trying to figure out how it happened by loading up the server with the same mission but did not find anything. As far as I can tell, none of our mission-side scripts are responsible, so my guess is, that one of our mods is creating game logics or maybe just game logic groups without cleaning them up properly. So I assume it requires more players or it only starts once a certain functionality of a mod is used.

And since allGroups only contains groups that are not on the side sideLogic I have been trying to write a script to display the current count of groups on that side. But so far I have not found a way to do it. Is there a way?

And while we are at it, I noticed, that if I spawn multiple AI in Zeus and then delete the AI without deleting the groups, it takes a few seconds before the empty groups are removed from allGroups. So can I assume that there is some kind of garbage collection for empty groups on the side gameLogic too and my problem has to be caused by groups that contain actual logic objects? So I can kinda rule out that there is a bunch of empty groups, which might allow me to find them through allMissionObjects "Logic"?

I'll be on the server next Sunday to try to find the cause of this and I'd like to be prepared, so any tips are welcome.

Thanks

You might get more eyes on this in Editing & Scripting, but don't crosspost. Report your post and ask for it to be moved.

Your modlist might be helpful, as well as your server log (ideally a Pastebin link). And of course, your mission (.pbo or folder).

To start, you can use allMissionObjects or entities to find all game logics.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harzach said:

You might get more eyes on this in Editing & Scripting, but don't crosspost. Report your post and ask for it to be moved.

Your modlist might be helpful, as well as your server log (ideally a Pastebin link). And of course, your mission (.pbo or folder).

To start, you can use allMissionObjects or entities to find all game logics.

Yeah, I wasn't sure which one I should choose since both have questions about scripting. I'll keep it in here for now.

Our modlist is quite long with several Star Wars and Sci-Fi mods. The server log doesn't have more information on this problem and for the pbo I don't have permission to share it because of custom scripts. So you won't be able to reproduce this and I have to figure it out by myself 😕

But once it happens again, I might be able to figure out which mod is causing it. Thanks for the tip with entities, didn't think about that one, it might be the better choice since I expect it isn't as heavy on the performance as allMissionObjects.