jujurat

Sa'hatra, Iraq/Middle Eastern Terrain

Looking magnificent!

And to think I nearly gave in to the urge to bump this thread😁

• Like 1

Theres a trap ppl can fall into when situating Airbases too close to terrain edges/boundaries.Keep in mind ppl will probably run a higher than normal view distance if there using the base..Prolly leaving 3 klm or so from the edge will stop the edges being visible.

I didnt see this terrain till now.Looks really very nice.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Beautiful work jujurat , very detailed with your asset placement.

• Like 1

It's a bit undignified how excited this middle-aged man here is to use this map.

• Like 2

Beautiful map, all buildings have interaction or just some, this must be the best map ever made for the ArmA series, congratulations on the beautiful work. My favorite theme in creating missions is based on the invasion of Iraq, but there are few maps that give the realism of how this war was, yours is getting super realistic. I currently use the Al Salman map for missions in Iraq.

• Like 2

After I saw this video I was sure that this is the best map ever made for the ArmA series counting the minutes until its release and I run to edit the mission.

• Like 1

image.png?width=1306&height=683
image.png?width=1342&height=683
Some more pictures of Nisul. 

image.png?width=690&height=683
The terrain as it stands is approaching the finish line as far as object placement goes. All that is left is the farmlands to the south (which is not covered by green). 
Then additionally, plenty of polish for the city and making sure all is right there, and then finally, some asset touchups and finalizations. 

Additionally, additionally, here's some stuff I forgot to share.

image.png?width=1364&height=683
image.png
image.png

I have to admit that it's been a really long road to get to this point, and I just wanted to give a big thanks to @opteryx and the community for continuing to push me along to deliver this. I only wish I could have had more people at my side so I could have maybe made it 2x larger; but with play testing, I found that there's plenty of detail and space for people to get into really nice engagements. 

I've really sorta tried to cover all grounds with this terrain and make sure it's extremely versatile for all sorts of things, so I hope that translates well when it eventually releases (I still don't know when that'll be exactly, I'm gunning for 2023). Anyway, I'm writing like this project is done, still plenty of work to do, lol, thanks for all of the support so far

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

jujurat, I can give you a suggestion, launch it like this and gradually update it, I helped with the tests of the Amazon map made by the Veteran and it was gradually changed, and the community itself helps with feedback on what they think of the map or if any appears bug.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2645922673&searchtext=

Sorry for the bad English I'm Brazilian and the native language in Brazil is Portuguese

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefox1 said:

jujurat, I can give you a suggestion, launch it like this and gradually update it, I helped with the tests of the Amazon map made by the Veteran and it was gradually changed, and the community itself helps with feedback on what they think of the map or if any appears bug.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2645922673&searchtext=

Would rather release it when it's done. I have testers for this reason.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, firefox1 said:

Wonderful so soon we will have a good surprise

Within the year, I hope. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 10:25 PM, jujurat said:

last update until this weekend or the next, probably; i spent the remainder of my weekend crunching and starting work on the eastern wing of the city. I have two videos to show with that, mainly just walking on the ground and etc. These videos also show off the new lighting changes and fog updates, as well as some new assets. Thanks for all of the support thus far.

unknown.png?width=1236&height=683
unknown.png?width=1259&height=683
unknown.png

On 8/8/2022 at 10:25 PM, jujurat said:

last update until this weekend or the next, probably; i spent the remainder of my weekend crunching and starting work on the eastern wing of the city. I have two videos to show with that, mainly just walking on the ground and etc. These videos also show off the new lighting changes and fog updates, as well as some new assets. Thanks for all of the support thus far.

unknown.png?width=1236&height=683
unknown.png?width=1259&height=683
unknown.png

Hello there! I just sent you a friend request over Discord, if possible, to see if I can apply for testing the terrain. I have a question now, the units from the videos I just quoted, are from which mod?

Thank you! And awesome work in this upcoming map.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 2:00 PM, jujurat said:

Dentro de um ano, espero. 

As it is, you can do a lot of missions on it, Six Days in Fallujah, Battle of Nasiriyah and other real missions they had in Iraq. But I look forward to the final release

On 1/21/2023 at 2:19 PM, Armando Ramos Quintana said:

Hello there! I just sent you a friend request over Discord, if possible, to see if I can apply for testing the terrain. I have a question now, the units from the videos I just quoted, are from which mod?

Thank you! And awesome work in this upcoming map.

I don't need any more testers, sorry. 

The units are from an unreleased WIP mod that will make its way public sooner or later.

Hey Jujurat, like the rest of the people here I would like to congratulate you for your extremely good work on this map (although I haven't experienced it in the game yet). It looks very very nice in all of the pics and vids.

Just one request... Stop posting so much content 'cause you're getting us all "wet" ;P. No, just kidding (well you do get us "wet") keep sending more content towards the community and I'm sure you'll get back nice feedback (like ANZACSAS Steven provided).

A great round of applause to you and huge appreciation for sharing your time and work with the community!

• Like 1