jujurat

Sa'hatra, Iraq/Middle Eastern Terrain

w-hen.png

W-hen?

W hen we 'll live better, playing great maps in arma?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BSN_19 said:

w-hen.png

W-hen?

W hen we 'll live better, playing great maps in arma?

image.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

More farmlands stuff and worked on a model for irrigation channels.
unknown.png
unknown.png?width=1247&height=683
unknown.png?width=1322&height=683
unknown.png

• Like 13

Hi Jujurat , this looks amazing your eye for detail is exceptional !! , you are able to place a realism feel to all your terrains I must say you are like the famous painters of the past Picasso & Van Gogh but in terrain making form.

Well done to you, all your maps are gold. 👍

Thank you for making these terrains.

• Like 3

unknown.png?width=1240&height=683
Been a while since I've actually posted anything, but I've just been working on a lot of stuff that isn't really presentable per-say.
Milkman and the JBAD crew, along with Opteryx, allowed me to use their work for this terrain (buildings primarily), that being said, I've had to go in and re-config them all so that they're in working order. This is an active process, and the configuration is extensive (100k lines of code), so it's taking a bit of time. Some assets also need to be actually completed, so that's all a part of the process. 

In the mean time, I've been working on chunks of farmland little by little.

unknown.png?width=1247&height=683

Additionally, I've been considering making a companion terrain, it doesn't really have a title beyond "Sa'hatra Outskirts" with the premise of representing a very dry and basic looking desert area that's meant to present south-eastern Iraq. It's very much in it's infancy, but the data has been ported and assembled. It'll feature some farmland and a single village, along with a very long stretch of highway at a map size of 6km. I thought it could be of some use for tank battles, or convoy missions, or capture the town or etc.

unknown.png
unknown.png?width=968&height=683

Anyhow, as always, if I have anything to show, I'll show it, thanks for the support so far, work is continuing. 

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, jujurat said:

a companion terrain

Shades of my favorite terrain, @=kct=blackmamba's Faysh Kabur. Excited to see where you go with it!

• Like 1

Less time posting is more time working!

The JBAD and Opteryx additions sound like a lot of effort, but will no doubt be worth it 👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chops said:

Less time posting is more time working!

The JBAD and Opteryx additions sound like a lot of effort, but will no doubt be worth it 👍

unknown.png?width=1138&height=683
It's definitely quite the process, but I'm also sharing any buildings that have not been ported properly with JBAD so there's a dual benefit there.
Here's h18 (hut 18), which is one of the residential buildings that I spent today working on and getting fixed up. Fully enterable with doors and destructible windows and AI path lods. Was a learning experience. 9 more to go.

• Like 10

love the outskirts idea with the highway. evokes thunder run from BF3.

• Like 1

those opx buildings are gems. love to see a terrain making good use of them. cant wait to build missions on this map 🙂

• Like 2

I have to say this is by far the best looking middle east map I have seen in a long time. Really looking forward to the release.

• Like 4

unknown.png
Don't worry, project isn't dead. I'm just quietly working on a pretty big update, but for now,  I'll give a sneak peak of the west wing pictured here. Will post more when large amount of progress is complete. 

• Like 11

Mate! Almost seems a shame to bring death and destruction to such a beautiful map!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, chops said:

Mate! Almost seems a shame to bring death and destruction to such a beautiful map!

Sometimes I feel that! Although, I absolutely cannot wait to see what people do with it.

• Like 1

Gosh, your map is promising. It's really nice and looks so real. 😎

I can't wait to create mission on it.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:45 AM, Blacktitan99 said:

Really a fantastic work Jujurat!

On 10/21/2022 at 11:34 AM, papanowel said:

Gosh, your map is promising. It's really nice and looks so real. 😎

I can't wait to create mission on it.

Thanks for the support, more updates coming soon

• Like 4

Those images are outstanding Jujurat !! , already has a nice feel to it cant wait to take a stroll along the streets. 

• Like 1